Scale of 1-10 difficulty of coding touch controls.

I've had a project in my mind for a long while and I began drafting the plans for it and getting the hardware together to make it. However I've done very little coding in my life and have been planning to get into it for this project and am unsure how hard it is to program touch controls and which coding language is best for touch controls. (I am aware that some of this is subjective as some people like coding with different languages) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Touch controls are easy. I currently program in Unity because I can make games so efficiently :) Also it supports a ton of different languages

what kind of touch control are we talking about?

capacitive touch screen(multi point interface)? capacitive touchpad (one single surface for one input)?

or resistive touch tech?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Unity has built in UI prefabs, so it is literally drag and drop. The only coding part is implementing it.

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

Touch controls are easy. I currently program in Unity because I can make games so efficiently :) Also it supports a ton of different languages

Awesome! Does it support touch in regards to touch feed back i.e smart watch touch controls and smart phone input?

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

what kind of touch control are we talking about?

capacitive touch screen(multi point interface)? capacitive touchpad (one single surface for one input)?

or resistive touch tech?

I would say capacitive touch screen is the closest to what i'm thinking of.

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

You want to make a game for smartphones right?

No, sorry it's not for creating a game. It's for touch controls for a bluetooth device

2 minutes ago, Pulpypanda said:

I would say capacitive touch screen is the closest to what i'm thinking of.

building from scratch or will be using smartphones etc etc?

building from scratch, i would rate 10++, since calibrating it is a pain in the arse

using a smartphone and programming an app for it would be easy (relatively easy)

1 minute ago, Pulpypanda said:

No, sorry it's not for creating a game. It's for touch controls for a bluetooth device

Can you please elaborate on your situation?

22 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

building from scratch or will be using smartphones etc etc?

building from scratch, i would rate 10++, since calibrating it is a pain in the arse

using a smartphone and programming an app for it would be easy (relatively easy)

22 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Can you please elaborate on your situation?

I will be basing this off a Smartphone platform, and i will be building what is basically a small touch screen mirror which is worn by the user, who can then assign drawn patterns too launch apps, change songs and any other functions. Think of it as a mix between rebinding keys on a keyboard mixed with pattern recognition. A good example is the unlock screens used on smart phones where you create a pattern and then to unlock the phone you enter the pattern. However it can be rebound to different apps and functions.

13 minutes ago, Pulpypanda said:

I will be basing this off a Smartphone platform, and i will be building what is basically a small touch screen mirror which is worn by the user, who can then assign drawn patterns too launch apps, change songs and any other functions. Think of it as a mix between rebinding keys on a keyboard mixed with pattern recognition. A good example is the unlock screens used on smart phones where you create a pattern and then to unlock the phone you enter the pattern. However it can be rebound to different apps and functions.

I think for the most part with touch screen controls, the OS basically feeds you an event (like tap, hold, etc.) and the coordinates where it originated.

If you played around with desktop GUI programming, it would be similar to a mouse click event.

1 hour ago, Pulpypanda said:

if you're using an existing products and just changing the codes, it'll be pretty easy

but if you wanna build a touchscreen from scratch, that would require a lot of work

Check out Qt, for embedded devices it offers a really comprehensive set of graphical and control programming interfaces. Its more often than not whats used in touchscreen car dashboards and other devices like that.

https://www.qt.io/