1060 or 1070?

CongHamboy

hi guys. right now im in a situation where i cant really decide what to do. there 2 builds with almost the same price like 1300€

so the first build is with a gtx 1060 and with all the premium stuff (liquid cooling, many case fans...) ---> https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8GRCy

and the second with a gtx 1070 with more budget cooling ---> https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/z8DLf8

and i only have a 1080p 60hz monitor so the 1070 would be a waste but i just want to play smooth all the time so i dont need a 144hz monitor. just smooth gameplay.

any reply is appreiciated :)

3 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

hi guys. right now im in a situation where i cant really decide what to do. there 2 builds with almost the same price like 1300€

so the first build is with a gtx 1060 and with all the premium stuff (liquid cooling, many case fans...) ---> https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Q8GRCy

and the second with a gtx 1070 with more budget cooling ---> https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/z8DLf8

and i only have a 1080p 60hz monitor so the 1070 would be a waste but i just want to play smooth all the time so i dont need a 144hz monitor. just smooth gameplay.

any reply is appreiciated :)

you can also wait for ryzen/vega

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

1070 with lesser cooling is way better (since slightly better cooling on the CPU won't give you much better performance), but at this point you might as well wait for Zen which is just about to get released and will probably be cheaper at the same performance.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

3 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

you can also wait for ryzen/vega

i just heard few things about it but i dont know when they come out and how much they'll cost. and how is their performance? are they better or just good value?  

4 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

1070 with lesser cooling is way better (since slightly better cooling on the CPU won't give you much better performance), but at this point you might as well wait for Zen which is just about to get released and will probably be cheaper at the same performance.

i never had any amd products in the past and i heard they get really hot and need more watts. but will it be enough if you have have good cooling?

1 minute ago, CongHamboy said:

i never had any amd products in the past and i heard they get really hot and need more watts

That is true for the most recent line of CPUs (previous one to Zen), and the R9 290 / 290x graphics cards, but not all of their products.

8 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

are they better or just good value?  

Equal in single threaded performance, but with more cores and cheaper; so you could maybe say that better.

4 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

but will it be enough if you have have good cooling?

What will be enough?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

5 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

i never had any amd products in the past and i heard they get really hot and need more watts. but will it be enough if you have have good cooling?

ryzen has lower power consumption specs so i would think they wont have an issue with running hot like some of the amd products that have in the past. 

For the mentioned builds:go with the 1070 build. Certain games do still benefit from the 1070 power at 60 Hz, so it depends more on what games you play.

7 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

What happens in the past is no guarantee it also is true for the future, so for upcoming AMD it is wait and see. But would still work fine.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

3 minutes ago, Litargirio said:

What will be enough?

will godd cooling be enough to keep the temperatures of amd products low?

1 minute ago, CongHamboy said:

will godd cooling be enough to keep the temperatures of amd products low?

Most certainly, yes.

but keep in mind that i only have a 1080p monitor. so aryzen/vega pc would be overkill too

4 minutes ago, CongHamboy said:

but keep in mind that i only have a 1080p monitor. so aryzen/vega pc would be overkill too

it wouldn't