K so i want to get the z270h motherboard but i also want the 6700k, i know that the z270 does support skylake but is there any fuky things ill have to do? the z270 looks nice, has everything i would like to make my build better.. but is it too good to be true? i may be wrong about something here, only one person has to tell me..

It will work fine. 

This is in the wrong section though. It should be in the CPU or MOBO subforum. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

No you just put the Skylake chip to the board like any other Z170 and will work fine. Why not 7700k? It costs only a little more for extra OC

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It will work fine. 

This is in the wrong section though. It should be in the CPU or MOBO subforum. 

whoops, new to the ltt forums, guess i wasn't really paying attention either lol

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No you just put the Skylake chip to the board like any other Z170 and will work fine. Why not 7700k? It costs only a little more for extra OC

not worth it for me, but thanks

I thought I'm the only one who's going to put an 6700k into z270. And im only doing that because of the price, the z270 is only 20$ more expensive. Im talking about asus z270 strix compared to asus z170 pro gaming aura, they both look good , but the z270 have some more new features that might be useful in the future. But i might be wrong, so any ADVICE? ??

10 minutes ago, Dymi4i said:

I thought I'm the only one who's going to put an 6700k into z270. And im only doing that because of the price, the z270 is only 20$ more expensive. Im talking about asus z270 strix compared to asus z170 pro gaming aura, they both look good , but the z270 have some more new features that might be useful in the future. But i might be wrong, so any ADVICE? ??

I honestly wouldn't worry about the new features of Z270.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

13 hours ago, Dymi4i said:

Exactly! to me it sounds too good to be true, goo dlooking, fancy new features and cheap! apperantly this isn't too good to be true though!