NEED HELP DOES THE GTX 1070 WORK ON MY CPU AND MOTHERBOARD

leon64
Go to solution Solved by leon64,

ok people I bought the GPU but the bios freezes 

This Motherboard IPISB-CH2 is NOT Compatible with my GTX 1070 because the motherboard PCI-e is 2.0 gen and the GPU is 3.0 gen or something I was trying for 2 day but no solution 

i just found This and i give up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-freezes-on-Hp-IPISB-CH2-with-new-graphic-card-installed/td-p/4631736

a9688226-c572-4842-8a67-b55a2181c9d8.jpg

I have an old CPU and Motherboard and Im not sure if the GTX 1070 will work on it i need your help 

I know about the bottlenecks problem i just want to know if it works or not 

CPU Is I7 2600 

Motherboard is IPISB-CH2 

I Dont wont to waste money buying GPU that doesn't work on my computer  

Why shouldn't it work? Of course it will work.

That motherboard has an x16 PCIE 2.0 slot.

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

As long as your motherboard has a PCIe 16x slot, any GPU will work in it.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Don't see why it wouldn't.  And next time can you not put your title in full caps?

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

ok people I bought the GPU but the bios freezes 

This Motherboard IPISB-CH2 is NOT Compatible with my GTX 1070 because the motherboard PCI-e is 2.0 gen and the GPU is 3.0 gen or something I was trying for 2 day but no solution 

i just found This and i give up

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/bios-freezes-on-Hp-IPISB-CH2-with-new-graphic-card-installed/td-p/4631736

a9688226-c572-4842-8a67-b55a2181c9d8.jpg

• 5 years later...

It likely WILL work.

IPISB-CU (Carmel2) and IPISB-CH2 (Chicago) ARE compatible with most GPUs, even newly released ones. Read below.

I've seen this A LOT, and many people think it's impossible to get a newer GPU installed due to the old BIOS (7.12) or older. As long as the card fits, has PCIE 16, and your PSU can power it, most likely it will work.

These motherboard supports nearly any GPU from a firmware/hardwire and size perspective even a brand new 2022 May released 6650XT which is a 2.5 slot with 3 fans...though you will have to remove the upper ram plastic bracket hinges. As you know, the problem is the UEFI version is very early and needs an update, so it's not compatible with any cards that don't offer legacy support. None of the BIOS versions make this fix. It looks like the RX 5xx series is the last known from AMD that offers this support, with one known exception--RX 5xx Sapphire cards don't work...without this fix anyway.

Here's the fix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT9bb_0Fwbo With this fix you need to enable integrated video, then set integrated video as primary. This in particular is quite annoying with HP, as they have blocked out the video ports in the back. They also state on the product support page that integrated video is "unavailable" with a discrete GPU, though I guess technically they're not wrong. Another strange thing is they use DVI rather than VGA. After taking off the plastic "blockers" then connecting a monitor to the integrated video and booting up the PC with new GPU.

BTW I realize this is back from 2017, but there are likely lots more people searching for to fix this problem, like how I was. The HP forum is full of "super users" that claim it's unfixable for every reason from it's not a UEFI mobo (it is EUFI) to PCIE 1 isn't compatible past PCIE2 (it is).