4770K early review popped up

Lauen

I'm not so impressed to be honest, was expecting more from Haswell.

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

For me it was more along the lines of 'wanting more but not going to get it'. I didn't think we'd see any major changes. The real question as mentioned is that are they like Sandy Bridge overclockers or Ivy Bridge...

Curious what the advantage would be of investing in a new mobo AND chip, especially if it is true that Broadwell, the next gen afterwards, will come in BGA (soldered onto the mobo) only. Currently planning a new build for the summer, and had been leaning to a mobo 1150 and 4770k. Now I'm wondering if it makes better sense to go for a 2011 mobo and current Sandy Bridge CPU. At least I could directly upgrade the CPU when the Ivy Bridge-E chips are released end of year. Seem to be stuck on ticks, Intel!

Whoops! Saw on another thread the that other rumours are that IBE may never happen... and if that happens:

"For those of you who purchased an LGA 2011 motherboard, cross your fingers for Ivy Bridge E -- word on the web is that Haswell E will require a new chipset (X99) and is unlikely to be compatible with existing X79 boards."

(see article here: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/will_intel_skip_over_ivy_bridge_e2013)

Crap! Time to stop reading news and just buy what's best and available at the time!

Plese read: Just so everyone won't go completely batshit: it said in the Tom's Hardware article that it was an engineering sample, so it might be more powerful once it actually gets released. You shouldn't skip directly to the benches, some things might get misinterpreted.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I almost started crying when i saw this. Its beautiful. But do how much do you guys think it's gonna cost? Or when's it going to come out?

Wow, didn't know Broadwell was confirmed to be BGA. Must be living under a rock.

I'm pretty sure intel stated that only the mainstream consumer processors would have a BGA line and that the 'enthusiast grade' chips would still be LGA style.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Curious what the advantage would be of investing in a new mobo AND chip, especially if it is true that Broadwell, the next gen afterwards, will come in BGA (soldered onto the mobo) only. Currently planning a new build for the summer, and had been leaning to a mobo 1150 and 4770k. Now I'm wondering if it makes better sense to go for a 2011 mobo and current Sandy Bridge CPU. At least I could directly upgrade the CPU when the Ivy Bridge-E chips are released end of year. Seem to be stuck on ticks, Intel!

Whoops! Saw on another thread the that other rumours are that IBE may never happen... and if that happens:

"For those of you who purchased an LGA 2011 motherboard, cross your fingers for Ivy Bridge E -- word on the web is that Haswell E will require a new chipset (X99) and is unlikely to be compatible with existing X79 boards."

(see article here: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/will_intel_skip_over_ivy_bridge_e2013)

Crap! Time to stop reading news and just buy what's best and available at the time!

Exactly! Come on Intel what has happened to the 'Tock' cycle!

Everything I heard to date about Haswell was that it would be an "improvement", nothing more. Supposed to be cooler then IB. A better over clocker. Have to see. Better power consumption...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

4670K is going to rock! I can finally make a tiny ITX "console" for almost no money with the HD4600 graphics and no dedicated GPU. Hopefully the thermal performance is A grade, so I can either overclock it or even cool it passively.

PS4 fans will sheet bricks when they see a PC that is cheaper, more silent, prettier and smaller than their console outrunning their games on a TV with nine times the storage and ten times the class.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I almost started crying when i saw this. Its beautiful. But do how much do you guys think it's gonna cost? Or when's it going to come out?
Woah, so if i was planning to build a rig with a 3570K should i wait now? for until the 4770 comes outt?

I'm going to stick with my Intel X79 Platform. Hopefully they're going to release an Ivy Bride-E CPU for the 2011 Socket

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

4670K is going to rock! I can finally make a tiny ITX "console" for almost no money with the HD4600 graphics and no dedicated GPU. Hopefully the thermal performance is A grade, so I can either overclock it or even cool it passively.

PS4 fans will sheet bricks when they see a PC that is cheaper, more silent, prettier and smaller than their console outrunning their games on a TV with nine times the storage and ten times the class.

I can't tell if you are trolling, or if you just didn't read the article...

"Everyone is ten years old on the internet."

Judging by this review it would seem that I'll be sticking with my 2600k for a fair while longer.

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG

I saw the exact same thing a month or so ago, and I was surprised. But actually pleasantly surprised. Considering the very small changes from Sandy to Ivy, and Ivy having heat issues, and not overclocking as good as Sandy, it actually makes perfect sense to me.

BTW: I'm pretty sure Broadwell will be regular LGA1150 socket.

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I'm pretty sure intel stated that only the mainstream consumer processors would have a BGA line and that the 'enthusiast grade' chips would still be LGA style.
Well, I'd consider 2700k, 3770k, etc mainstream & the 1366, 2011 stuff is 'enthusiast grade'.