My RAM frequencies are showing differently everywhere

Go to solution Solved by i_build_nanosuits,

ok, where to start...

your memory is running at 1639mhz...

you're in the wrong tab in CPU-Z to check it's speed...move to the ''MEMORY'' TAB...there you'rll see current speed.

Your memory has an XMP profile...it's 1600mhz

XMP profile is a ''factory dialed'' ''overclocked'' profile...if you select this your memory will set it's timings and clockrates accordingly...but DON't...if it's stable currently at 1639mhz it's better than XMP.

and your base memory speed is 1333mhz that's what your BIOS is telling you.

But with the platform and CPU speed your memory has different speeds, and the one you selected and which is effective memory speed is indeed 1639mhz

Hello again, 
Been messing around with my system lately, overclocking whatever I could out of it, Pulled the cpu from 3.0 to 3.7, NB from 2.0 to 2.25 etc, one thing I realized during all this was my RAM speeds are inconsistent.

I have 3x4GB GSkill Ripjaws 1600mhz PC312800 Ram installed on my Motherboard on the slots 2,3 and 4, first slot is vacant because my CPU cooler is interfering with it ( I use a NiC F3, a Non-interferance cooler, how ironic)

CPU-Z Shows my SPD as 800, I know its *2 so its 1600. When I try Wmic MemoryChip Get Speed, I get 1333mhz as a result, parts of my BIOS is showing as 1333 aswell and some parts of my BIOS is showing 1639Mhz,

Do you have an idea what is causing this?
Screenshows below

Spoiler

Main.jpgOC MF.jpgRam Dimm.jpgEkran Alıntısı.PNG

What's the motherboard? And have you turned on XMP (most common mistake)?

Uhm, My CPU and my CPU/NB is overclocked right now. One thing tho, Because increasing my CPU frequency from 200 to 246, I had to drop down the RAM speed 1 step down (To 1639, you can see in the second picture, If I am to leave it on default It would have to be 1960mhz, which I hardly think that my RAM would be able to handle)

@FTL My Motherboard is an Asus M5A97 Le R2.0 and honestly I have no idea what XMP is

4 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

@FTL My Motherboard is an Asus M5A97 Le R2.0 and honestly I have no idea what XMP is

It's in the BIOS. And should be something that is easily noticible. I don't know where excactly the setting is in your specific mobo.

ok, where to start...

your memory is running at 1639mhz...

you're in the wrong tab in CPU-Z to check it's speed...move to the ''MEMORY'' TAB...there you'rll see current speed.

Your memory has an XMP profile...it's 1600mhz

XMP profile is a ''factory dialed'' ''overclocked'' profile...if you select this your memory will set it's timings and clockrates accordingly...but DON't...if it's stable currently at 1639mhz it's better than XMP.

and your base memory speed is 1333mhz that's what your BIOS is telling you.

But with the platform and CPU speed your memory has different speeds, and the one you selected and which is effective memory speed is indeed 1639mhz

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Memory tab is as follows:
 Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Not exactly a pro, especially on this matter where everything I look at shows a different speed, so 822*2=1644, it runs fine then?

2 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

Memory tab is as follows:
 Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Not exactly a pro, especially on this matter where everything I look at shows a different speed, so 822*2=1644, it runs fine then?

YES...i added some info for you to my previous post...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

YES...i added some info for you to my previous post...

Well, thank you, that's one less thing I have to worry about then!

3 minutes ago, AMDGrill said:

Well, thank you, that's one less thing I have to worry about then!

you're welcome, have a good day!