Technical Issues in FPC

Cylon Muffins

There's always a bunch of comments under every video about people having issues... could these get moved to a "Technical Issues" (or equivalent) thread?

Also maybe mods could push people towards using issues google form rather than the comments section?

The point is FPC comments section is cluttered with "I can't DL in IE on windows 95!!" which is irrelevant to the content, imo those comments should be deleted as the form is clearly marked at the top of the page, but a more reasonable approach would be to move elsewhere and encourage people to use the reporting form instead of comments on the video.

@colonel_mortis I haven't subscribed to the floatplane club yet but I'll be damn sure not to unless this is fixed

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

@colonel_mortis I haven't subscribed to the floatplane club yet but I'll be damn sure not to unless this is fixed

Seems like very minor reason not to subscribe.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

So you're not going to subscribe to floatplane because people are posting bugs under the videos rather than in the places set up to deal with them (which do exist and are very clearly advertised)? 

HTTP/2 203

43 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

So you're not going to subscribe to floatplane because people are posting bugs under the videos rather than in the places set up to deal with them (which do exist and are very clearly advertised)? 

I'm waiting for a polished product. Is that too much to ask?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I'm waiting for a polished product. Is that too much to ask?

That isn't what this topic is about. This topic is about people reporting bugs (almost all related to frequent buffering, which only affect some users and which we are looking into) in the topics rather than in the relevant channels, though from what I can see only a small minority of users are reporting issues there anyway (and we aren't getting very many reports through the correct channels either).

HTTP/2 203