Help with mechanics/servos

gtx1060=value
1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

some one hotwheels rc car i had back in the day - it uses one of those huge 6v lantern batteries

yea that's going to need lots of power, do some research on it and get a powered motor shield. whats your budget? 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yea that's going to need lots of power, do some research on it and get a powered motor shield. whats your budget? 

50 canadian or so, that includes the arduino, small lcd or led display, (should be able to display letters, numbers are ok too) the shield, motor, (cheaper the better, just has to be able to spin a 500 gram container) and thats about it

50 canadian or so, that includes the arduino, small lcd or led display, (should be able to display letters, numbers are ok too) the shield, motor, (cheaper the better, just has to be able to spin a 500 gram container) and thats about it

go to ebay, thats your best bet for cheap arduino and accessories. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

go to ebay, thats your best bet for cheap arduino and accessories. 

issue is time, in about a month or two, work will get busy wont have time for this, so i need the components in a week or 2

issue is time, in about a month or two, work will get busy wont have time for this, so i need the components in a week or 2

well really don't know what to say, your best bet is to wait a months for the parts.  

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

well really don't know what to say, your best bet is to wait a months for the parts.  

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ultimate-Starter-Kit-for-Arduino-UNO-R3-1602-LCD-Servo-Motor-Breaddboard-LED-/271739649042?hash=item3f44f1fc12:g:6e0AAOSwOVpXX2d8

this seem ok for my needs - issue is the processor isn't an arduino

yup i suggest something more familiar, remember you need the community and to build on existing code.  

shift_register_pins.jpg

look the the reviews looks legit but i can't guarantee it. remember eBay can fake reviews and other things. 

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

get a built arduino not a chip, they will be hard to work with. 

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Arduino-UNO-R3-ATmega-328-CH340G-Microcontroller-With-USB-Cable-FREE-/231975420984?hash=item3602d00438:g:8LQAAOSwoBtW6XMJ

this one is good right?

then i just need to buy a servo, shield, bread board and lcd?

10 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MG996R-55g-Gear-Servo-Motor-Big-Torque-for-RC-Helicopter-Car-Robot-Arduino-/162196553243?hash=item25c3aafe1b:g:2rUAAOSwFV9X0kdL

looking at this servo? this is compatible with the shield and arduino correct - btw thanks so much for helping out a confused noob who's been locked in an office programming for the last 2 years

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNO-R3-ATmega328P-Board-2-4-Inch-TFT-LCD-Touch-Screen-Module-Kit-For-Arduino-/371592888829?hash=item5684a981fd:g:4YUAAOSwAvJXA418

thinking about buying this, but then how would my motor shield work if this one is occupying the slots? do i breadboard it
?

13 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

5 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNO-R3-ATmega328P-Board-2-4-Inch-TFT-LCD-Touch-Screen-Module-Kit-For-Arduino-/371592888829?hash=item5684a981fd:g:4YUAAOSwAvJXA418

thinking about buying this, but then how would my motor shield work if this one is occupying the slots? do i breadboard it
?

most popular

ATmega168V
ATmega328P

currently most popular and lots of code

ATmega32U4

ATmega2560

limited and not a lot of codes SAMD21 Cortex-M0+

i suggest ATmega328P thats the best one for the job 

5 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

currently most popular and lots of code

ATmega32U4

ATmega2560

limited and not a lot of codes SAMD21 Cortex-M0+

i suggest ATmega328P thats the best one for the job 

so the mega328p is good to go? also, as i said before, i need lcd, and a motor shield, do i breadboard them then, cuz the arduino only has slots for one of those extensions

1 hour ago, gtx1060=value said:

so the mega328p is good to go? also, as i said before, i need lcd, and a motor shield, do i breadboard them then, cuz the arduino only has slots for one of those extensions

if you need processing power get a pi, lcd with arduino will be slow. or get a pi arduino combo. 

16 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

if you need processing power get a pi, lcd with arduino will be slow. or get a pi arduino combo. 

like how slow, i just want the lcd to display a time, and then set a time for an alarm, i think it should be fine right? i mean something as small as a watch can do that

17 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/231975420984

can i use the arduino.cc online IDE to program this? little confused, there are genuinos, then unos, and this one, are the languages and commands the same - or what do i do? 

i don't want to buy this and find out that i can't upload the code or run it the same way arduino.org or arduino.cc tell me to help ! 

@manikyath