Help with mechanics/servos

gtx1060=value

@Megah3rtz you ever see stores that sell this kind of stuff in mississauga?

@deXxterlab97 @ARikozuM @manikyath i just want some links to ebay sales from people who know what parts to get for a candy dispenser, right now, i ll just say 1 container, a motor to spin it around, and a board to control it, and other things i may need

@deXxterlab97 @manikyath @ARikozuM - can you guys help me find an arduino uno, lcd screen, servo motor and controller on ebay that ships in 10 - 15 days? max budget would be about 50 bucks canadian - so far, no luck for my budget

36 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

lego mindstorms costs so much tho - and to do that in a small form factor is impossible, maybe some electromagnetically activated doors and then just a program to kill the electricity to those magnets for a millesecond or 2?

well, i didnt so much say you should implement *that*, but more so learn from the idea:

he has the different "storages" of candy, that are tilted so they roll down, at the end is an "elevator" style "valve" that fits one gumball, when it moves up the gumball can pass trough, but no new gumball can enter before it drops back down, they funnel into a central spot where they fall into the little container.

in the end it doesnt matter *how* you power it, but you need to have some sort of a "dosing mechanism" that is more accurate than just a timed gate letting stuff poor out.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

well, i didnt so much say you should implement *that*, but more so learn from the idea:

he has the different "storages" of candy, that are tilted so they roll down, at the end is an "elevator" style "valve" that fits one gumball, when it moves up the gumball can pass trough, but no new gumball can enter before it drops back down, they funnel into a central spot where they fall into the little container.

in the end it doesnt matter *how* you power it, but you need to have some sort of a "dosing mechanism" that is more accurate than just a timed gate letting stuff poor out.

well i'll experiment with that, because candies are differently shaped and such, i think a door and letting it open so that only 1 candy can fall out would be optimal, or some sort of drum that turns and 1 will drop, similar to this: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-Automatic-Medication-Dispencer/

but i have no idea how to control my budget and how many candies will drop

48 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

@Megah3rtz you ever see stores that sell this kind of stuff in mississauga?

nop. sorry man I order online mostly. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

I have no idea tbh. Hope this means I am not get tagged for next 100 posts lol

5 hours ago, gtx1060=value said:

@deXxterlab97 @manikyath @nerdslayer1 @ARikozuM

little confused here, what should i be buying, i know i need a powerful motor, so a stepping motor? and an arduino, but what electronics do i need other than those?

Check FactoryDirect maybe, I found a 4K 55" for 500 CAD there

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Check FactoryDirect maybe, I found a 4K 55" for 500 CAD there

op - reported - spam - offensive to the original reporter - im sickin the mods on you

8 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

little confused here, what should i be buying, i know i need a powerful motor, so a stepping motor? and an arduino, but what electronics do i need other than those?

in terms of motors, essentially its this:

- stepper motors are most likely out of budget, and probably more accurate than required

- if you need a powerful motor, just 3D print some gears, reduction in speed = increase in torque.

- for motor controllers, one direction is easy, two directions will be something called a "H bridge motor controller" (google that)

- google can also help you for the remaining circuitry.

i do have to note one more very important thing:

in a little example on how to drive a motor with an arduino, one direction only:

rfp30n06le-arduino-motor.png

see that diode between the motor's connections? that is EXTREMELY important if you dont want to fry stuff, essentially when you stop the motor (and relays, electromagnets, etc. for that matter) it creates a short spike of reverse voltage as it spins down, which can easily fry everything its hooked up to after a few cycles.

14 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

torque is what you are looking for in motors, if you want to pick up items or have some strength. 

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

in terms of motors, essentially its this:

- stepper motors are most likely out of budget, and probably more accurate than required

- if you need a powerful motor, just 3D print some gears, reduction in speed = increase in torque.

- for motor controllers, one direction is easy, two directions will be something called a "H bridge motor controller" (google that)

- google can also help you for the remaining circuitry.

i do have to note one more very important thing:

in a little example on how to drive a motor with an arduino, one direction only:

rfp30n06le-arduino-motor.png

see that diode between the motor's connections? that is EXTREMELY important if you dont want to fry stuff, essentially when you stop the motor (and relays, electromagnets, etc. for that matter) it creates a short spike of reverse voltage as it spins down, which can easily fry everything its hooked up to after a few cycles.

could you possibly find those parts for me as i have no experience at all with this stuff - do i need a bread board for this? i only really need a lcd display, servo, adruino and that's pretty much it - also, i just need a motor that has a max weight limit or 500 grams or so, also how do you recommend i dispense one at a time? 

you are looking for 

an arduino uno or micro depending on your space requirement

motors- high torque

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

could you possibly find those parts for me as i have no experience at all with this stuff - do i need a bread board for this? i only really need a lcd display, servo, adruino and that's pretty much it - also, i just need a motor that has a max weight limit or 500 grams or so, also how do you recommend i dispense one at a time? 

google-fu can help you ;)

google_fu_by_mszafran.jpg

i've given you all the information i can help you with, its up to you to finish the puzzle now :D

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

you are looking for 

an arduino uno or micro depending on your space requirement

motors- high torque

micro and uno are really just the little small ports right, micro has less, uno has more? there aren't any big differences i should be concerned about correct?

do i need the motor shield? or is there something else i can use?

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

do i need the motor shield? or is there something else i can use?

motor shields are what you use to connect a bunch of motors to an Arduino's,  make sure everything has enough power. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

motor shields are what you use to connect a bunch of motors to an Arduino's,  make sure everything has enough power. 

you think an old rc car motor would work?

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

you think an old rc car motor would work?

what voltage? 

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

what voltage? 

honestly no idea - just pulled it out of some boxes right now, it says 104m on several of these little thingies near the motor - its one of those gear ones with an axle, so im guessign stepper?

1 minute ago, gtx1060=value said:

honestly no idea - just pulled it out of some boxes right now, it says 104m on several of these little thingies near the motor - its one of those gear ones with an axle, so im guessign stepper?

that's called a capacitor, i am assuming that motor is a standred 5v motor. yes that motor will work but you have to make a holder for it. 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that's called a capacitor, i am assuming that motor is a standred 5v motor. yes that motor will work but you have to make a holder for it. 

the battery holder says 6v dc

2 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

the battery holder says 6v dc

whare did yu get the motor from. 

whare did yu get the motor from. 

some one hotwheels rc car i had back in the day - it uses one of those huge 6v lantern batteries