i5 4460 or G4560?

Hi guys I had a different post for a build with this i5 and I was gonna do it because someone offered me the i5 for a cheap price with Ram but then someone else for a closer price range offered me the pentium. For this build tho I will be replacing the 750ti with the RX 480 in the future but I will still be needing this GPU since Ill be sticking it into my g2020 pc.  As for the region Im from the Philippines 

i5 4460   

2pcs 4gb PC1600 DDR3 Kingston ram(not the hyperx) = 70$ (CPU and Ram bundle)

Asus H81M-C MoBo                                            = 55$

INNO3D GTX 750ti                                                    = 100$

Total: 225$

the other guy offered me this 

g4560

Gigabyte H110 

4gb Kingston hyperx 2133 DDR4

Zotac GTX 750ti 

For a total of 253$

Which one do you think is better? And again I wont be sticking to long with the gpu because in the future I will be replacing the 750ti with the RX 480 

The pentium or the 5th gen i5? 

Well the i5 is actually four cores. It should be quite a bit better.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I'd go with the Pentium system simply because of the better upgrade path, and in the future you could get something like an i5-7600 in the future when you decide to upgrade. 

I mean, the i5 would be better now, but in the future (a few months away) it'd be easier to upgrade the Pentium system. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

I'd go with the Pentium system simply because of the better upgrade path, and in the future you could get something like an i5-7600 in the future when you decide to upgrade. 

I mean, the i5 would be better now, but in the future (a few months away) it'd be easier to upgrade the Pentium system. 

I disagree, the difference between a 4790K that you can put in there and a 7700K that you could put on the Skylake system is not that big. Video for reference.

Also OP should note that said Pentium will require a BIOS update to work on a H110 motherboard.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

I personally think i5 combination is better since you can still later upgrade that system with used i7s or Xeon E3s.

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

I disagree, the difference between a 4790K that you can put in there and a 7700K that you could put on the Skylake system is not that big. Video for reference.

Also OP should note that said Pentium will require a BIOS update to work on a H110 motherboard.

-snips-

I guess so... oh, and, since the mentioned system with the Pentium was a bundle, wouldn't the motherboard come pre-equipped with the new BIOS?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

I guess so... oh, and, since the mentioned system with the Pentium was a bundle, wouldn't the motherboard come pre-equipped with the new BIOS?

Interesting. Yeah I expect that to be the case otherwise whoever bought the bundle would be getting hardware that doesn't work xD

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

But the i5 has twice the amount of RAM while being cheaper...

Edit: wrong post...ah well

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Looks like things are favoring the i5 4460 over the g4560. I was thinking of the pentium to have more room for upgrade too and in the future I wanted to try to OC but buying a better MoBo and CPU for a lot of cash might as well just build a new system. 

And I actually like the i5 because if say I do want to upgrade the cpu it would be way cheaper. Thats just I how I see things Im no expert tho lol 

Well looks like Ill just get the i5 then or maybe someone else has a different reason to go for the pentium? 

4 physical cores beat the pentiums 2/4 Im guessing even with a better base clock? 

Is ram a huge issue btw? Is ddr3 1600mhz vs ddr4 2400mhz that of a huge leap? 

4 minutes ago, ThorSaysWeJack said:

Looks like things are favoring the i5 4460 over the g4560. I was thinking of the pentium to have more room for upgrade too and in the future I wanted to try to OC but buying a better MoBo and CPU for a lot of cash might as well just build a new system. 

And I actually like the i5 because if say I do want to upgrade the cpu it would be way cheaper. Thats just I how I see things Im no expert tho lol 

Well looks like Ill just get the i5 then or maybe someone else has a different reason to go for the pentium? 

4 physical cores beat the pentiums 2/4 Im guessing even with a better base clock? 

Is ram a huge issue btw? Is ddr3 1600mhz vs ddr4 2400mhz that of a huge leap? 

Ram makes no difference. And I agree with whoever said that the 4790k is a good upgrade.

the i5 is a faster, there is no denying that but it runs on an older architecture. with the pentium you get the ability to upgrade to the latest 7th gen iSeries processors(ex: 7700k,7600k..etc)

the pentium is a bit faster than the haswell i5 in single core performance but it lags behind in the multicore test.

OMEN 15T | 9750H+LM | RTX 2070 UV+OC | 1TB NVME & 1TB HDD | 144Hz GSync

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Ram makes no difference. And I agree with whoever said that the 4790k is a good upgrade.

Yeah far more cheaper now and the leap to the newer CPUs is not of a big "Wow" while having the parts to build it at a "Wow" price. Im basing this on youtube and google reviews haha 

Why am I seeing that the G4560 isn't even out yet. No matter where I look, yet people have this?

2 minutes ago, MarcoTexture said:

the i5 is a faster, there is no denying that but it runs on an older architecture. with the pentium you get the ability to upgrade to the latest 7th gen iSeries processors(ex: 7700k,7600k..etc)

the pentium is a bit faster than the haswell i5 in single core performance but it lags behind in the multicore test.

Id love to go with this as well because I also want to try to over clock and stuff but then again Id be spending alot on a new CPU and MoBo. Basicly overhauling the system. Might as well just build a new system if im going to be spending that much. And the i5 ugprade path isnt so bad as well with the 4790k plus ill will be cheaper

But thats gonna be say like at the end of the year that ill try to build an OC system. They say Ryzen is dope. 

2 minutes ago, Void_Viking said:

Why am I seeing that the G4560 isn't even out yet. No matter where I look, yet people have this?

Yeah I havent found a shop yet that carries the pentium or any Kaby Lake cpus in the Philippines to lol 

ive seen the z2 Mobos but not the 7th gen cpus 

Edit: sorry for the double post