Intel i7-7700K OC Results

So I received my i7-7700K earlier today, and well, what do you do with K series chips? Overclock the s*** out of em.

A while ago i was debating about whether to delid my i7-6700K, which id got to 4.5GHz with 1.340v, running alongside some 32GBs of 3200MHz C16 DDR4.

First thing I did was check its stock vCore in the BIOS at 4.2GHz, 1.040v!!! Considering my 6700K was upward of 1.175v for just 4.0GHz i was impressed.

Don't think I did too bad... still got a bit more tweaking to go but so far 100% stable at 5.1GHz!

i7-7700K.png

Nice!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Just got it down to 1.375v too, seems pretty solid. Not sure why my cache is at 4900 it should be 5000 hm

Seems though the cache setting is messing up or something, i set 49 or 50 or 51 it still just goes to 4900MHz not sure why, maybe i have to set a minimum cache frequency?

On the other hand, it's now sat at 1.36v perfectly happy... 66c max core now. Wonder if i can push even lower vcore or maybe higher clock... hmmm

28 minutes ago, PCMasterDebater said:

No need to overclock the cache. I left mine at 4.2 with no discernible difference.

Well it's sat at 4.9 now seems happy, i've pushed the core up to 5.2GHz now with 1.425v, bit on the high side but its stable so far... 76c highest core.

• 2 months later...

Did you delid your cpu?

Because I also have the same AIO cooler as you and I get temps of 93 degrees celsius after 1 second in prime95 v26.6 Small FFTs while it appears you only hit a maximum of 75 degrees... My cpu runs at 5Ghz and 1.36V.

On 03/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, CreamyBeast said:

Did you delid your cpu?

Because I also have the same AIO cooler as you and I get temps of 93 degrees celsius after 1 second in prime95 v26.6 Small FFTs while it appears you only hit a maximum of 75 degrees... My cpu runs at 5Ghz and 1.36V.

Yeah i delidded, helps temps by approx 20-25c, also on asus boards LLC level 6 keeps the voltage at the exact level you enter for manual mode, keep in mind with adaptive, certain instruction sets cause the cpu to request a bit higher voltage tha whats set in adaptive mode, 1.425 adaptive was varying between 1.440 and 1.408.

Turned out after very long testing period, that 5.2ghz wasnt completely stable, same story for 5.3 itd boot and bench and stress test fine but just couldnt get it stable for multiple day runs of folding@home :/ even 5.4 booted but it wouldnt even run a bench even with upwards of 1.5v

Ive since backed down to 5.1ghz at 1.400v which is rock solid and runs folding@home fine for days at a time, temps arent as amazing though, its getting towards summer and ambients are ~5-10c up from what they were before, still plenty below 80c though, usually around 75.