Urgent - Can H110M-ITX/ac Support 7th Generation Processors?

Hello,

I need to know if the ASROCK H110M-ITX/ac supports 7th generation processors. On the website it states 6th generation, but I know a lot of companies have been making BIOS updates so that they can support the 7th generation as well.

Thanks,

Tim

It has a compatible bios (that was released in November), whether or not the board you buy will ship with an updated bios is another question. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

It has a compatible bios (that was released in November), whether or not the board you buy will ship with an updated bios is another question. 

But it is possible for me to update the BIOS without the use of the CPU?

Just now, TimLampen said:

But it is possible for me to update the BIOS without the use of the CPU?

Not yourself no. Some stores will do it for you (for a modest fee), and you can also try contacting the store you're going to buy from and ask if they know what bios is installed on the board (and/or what revision the board is). 

Is there a particular reason why you want to get a 7th gen CPU? With the exeption of KabyLake Pentiums, there really isn't any benefit over Skylake. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Not yourself no. Some stores will do it for you (for a modest fee), and you can also try contacting the store you're going to buy from and ask if they know what bios is installed on the board (and/or what revision the board is). 

Is there a particular reason why you want to get a 7th gen CPU? With the exeption of KabyLake Pentiums, there really isn't any benefit over Skylake. 

I thought it was around a 10% performance increase?

2 minutes ago, TimLampen said:

I thought it was around a 10% performance increase?

Kaby Lake performs identically to Skylake at the same clockspeeds. Kabylake CPUs are clocked a bit higher, but the difference is basically irrelevant -- especially if your focus is gaming.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler