This is LG's G6

Do you think there would perhaps be any unique software features? 

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Gaming | Anime | Programming 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Luckily, at least in my country, ever since the G6, their flagships have been up to $80 cheaper than Samsung, HTC and other flagships. I'd expect what G5 costed. 

the G5 was 720$ after a month on the Danish marked, which is a bit too much for my liking

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

the G5 was 720$ after a month on the Danish marked, which is a bit too much for my liking

Well I always go for 2 year contract so that makes it less of a problem. $720 would be too much for me to cash out instantly. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

Well I always go for 2 year contract so that makes it less of a problem. $720 would be too much for me to cash out instantly. 

I never do that, because right now my contract is so cheap, 11$ a month for 12gb of data and 12 hours of talk. 9/10 times it is cheaper for me just to keep my contract and then just buy a new phone with no contract.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I never do that, because right now my contract is so cheap, 11$ a month for 12gb of data and 12 hours of talk. 9/10 times it is cheaper for me just to keep my contract and then just buy a new phone with no contract.

Sadly it's the other way around here. Efing 12GB of Data? I have 6.5 for $14 and that's with 1 year promo, but twice the talk time. :| And that's literally the best deal in the country. Even most of our highest plans are 4-5 GB for twice as much. Welcome to the stone age. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Sadly it's the other way around here. Efing 12GB of Data? I have 6.5 for $14 and that's with 1 year promo, but twice the talk time. :| And that's literally the best deal in the country. Even most of our highest plans are 4-5 GB for twice as much. Welcome to the stone age. 

oh damn, I can understand why you buy phones with contracts then

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sd card?

a promise of no boot loop? 

no screen burn in? 

What do you mean of boot loop ? I have a note 4 that randomly reboots from time to time. Is that it ?

I'll stick with my V10.

No SD/battery removal is non-go imo.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

No microSD slot

No removable battery

No exciting new SoC

No buy

Snapdragon 821? I'm out. I was willing to give LG a second chance but I'm not shelling out flagship money for compromises.

Removing SD card slot is ridiculous too.

90% screen to body ratio? Xiaomi mi mix has screen to body ratio of 84%. So what kind of shenanigan LG is planning?

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

17 minutes ago, JuztBe said:

90% screen to body ratio? Xiaomi mi mix has screen to body ratio of 84%. So what kind of shenanigan LG is planning?

The Mi Mix was advertised as 90%~, so expect similar ratio for the LG I suppose.

This is a bad move IMO, LG continues to abandon the things that make people want to buy their phones. I hope they aren't banking on selling devices by having google assistant and a small and unflattering bezel that just looks a bit smaller than the pixel from what I see.  I had high hopes for the G6 as I have been a fan of the G series (until the G5) but this looks like the nail in the coffin for my G series exclusivity.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 hours ago, Sketched360 said:

Do you think there would perhaps be any unique software features? 

Google Assistant is speculated.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

oh look: a clone of a clone.

Guess LG is out of the question now, too bad, really loved my V10. Oh well, time to look for greener pastures 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Nice design but farkkk no sd card or replacable battery. LG lost its unique selling feature :(

Yeah but its unique selling features lost its selling of the phones and being profitable no one has bought there flagships in big enough numbers since like the G2 & G3

such a huge percent of people dont care about a removable battery or SD card anymore  32-64gbs is enough and battery's have gotten to the full day or fast charging  for most in part of the day is good enough for a small top off  LG caring about keeping those parts has only hurt them in the past it seems

NOBODY HAS MADE THIS JOKE YET? I am disappointed...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

35 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

This is a bad move IMO, LG continues to abandon the things that make people want to buy their phones. I hope they aren't banking on selling devices by having google assistant and a small and unflattering bezel that just looks a bit smaller than the pixel from what I see.  I had high hopes for the G6 as I have been a fan of the G series (until the G5) but this looks like the nail in the coffin for my G series exclusivity.

the problem is  no one buys LG G phones anymore Cause there selling point is not for the typical smartphone user its a small niche corner of the market where profits are probably small if any 

1 hour ago, JuztBe said:

The article said that the aspect ratio of the screen will be 2:1 or 18:9 which will be good for forum viewing.

9 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah but its unique selling features lost its selling of the phones and being profitable no one has bought there flagships in big enough numbers since like the G2 & G3

such a huge percent of people dont care about a removable battery or SD card anymore  32-64gbs is enough and battery's have gotten to the full day or fast charging  for most in part of the day is good enough for a small top off  LG caring about keeping those parts has only hurt them in the past it seems

7 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

the problem is  no one buys LG G phones anymore Cause there selling point is not for the typical smartphone user its a small niche corner of the market where profits are probably small if any 

kay, then tell me how well are they supposed to do now that they offer the exact same device as samsung, apple, one plus, htc etc...

they won't compete in price, they don't have a single distinguishable feature, their UI sucks as much as sammy's. At least with the G5 they could appeal to  niche, now they're just one of the many easier to ignore when facing samsung and apple

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Looks like a potential replacement for my Nexus 6P 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Well it looks pretty nice. Glad for screen to body ratio.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

31 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

This is true now, but the g2 and g3 were pretty successful and LG made a name for itself by keeping sd support, removable battery, and having a design that allowed for all the parts to be easily replaced.  Each time they release a new G series phone they seem to abandon another feature that made the g2/g3 so popular. I guess it's just speculation but I feel like that decent sized g2/g3 community had hopes that LG would see why the g2/g3's were popular and go back to form with the G6.

Slate phone lacks creativity.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sd card?

a promise of no boot loop? 

no screen burn in? 

ehhhh well an SD card and no screen burn in, but does a boot loop really matter that much?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization