This is LG's G6

This is LG's G6 

lg_g6_v.0.jpg

Having abandoned the modular design of last year’s G5, LG looks set to prioritize design this year, with our source indicating that the G6 will be made entirely out of glass and metal — a final and conclusive departure from the unpleasant plastic that characterized the company’s previous flagship devices. The G6 will have a headphone jack and is expected to be waterproof as well. Its battery, however, will no longer be replaceable.

lg_g6_2.jpg

Coming February 26th

90% Screen to body ratio

5.7inch screen

Headphone jack

Glass and metal body

Dual rear cameras

Water resistance

No SD expansion

Non-removable battery

Android Nougat

Snapdragon 821???!!

Looking good! LG really needs this one to be a success so it looks like they've pulled out all the stops. Hopefully they didn't make any stupid compromises like a small battery or a bad camera. 

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

No micro sd? Water resistant? 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

No micro sd? Water resistant? 

Updated, no sd expansion and water resistance is present.

3 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

sd card?

a promise of no boot loop? 

no screen burn in? 

No SD unfortunately.

Hopefully! Didn't realise the G5 had those problems!

Wow. It looks so ... Samsung ... But looking good nevertheless.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

3 minutes ago, randomhkkid said:

Updated, no sd expansion and water resistance is present.

Sad. just sad. Even my s5 neo has it... For a content creator people who likes taking videos otg an sd card is handy though if camera is shit then maybe not. Apple didn't put any sd slot in their iphones anyway

No SD? Well that's a bummer. And no replaceable battery? That is not good. Also all other sources stated it would 5.2-5.3 so how come it's this big?

What I'm interested at is:

1. Will it have the unlock key on the back?

2. Have they implemented the fingerprint sensor below the front glass?

3. Will it have OLED finally?

If so, this is my upgrade in June.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Meh, personally going to wait for the V30.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

4 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Sad. just sad. Even my s5 neo has it... For a content creator people who likes taking videos otg an sd card is handy though if camera is shit then maybe not. Apple didn't put any sd slot in their iphones anyway

I feel, without the SD in my S7e I would have run out of space long ago.

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

No SD? Well that's a bummer. And no replaceable battery? That is not good. Also all other sources stated it would 5.2-5.3 so how come it's this big?

What I'm interested at is:

1. Will it have the unlock key on the back?

2. Have they implemented the fingerprint sensor below the front glass?

3. Will it have OLED finally?

If so, this is my upgrade in June.

I'd say probably yes on 1 and 2. OLED is still in shortage because of Samsung so I wouldn't hold your breath for the last one.

Galaxy S6 all over again

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

1 minute ago, randomhkkid said:

I'd say probably yes on 1 and 2. OLED is still in shortage because of Samsung so I wouldn't hold your breath for the last one.

I'm pretty sure that LG has the capacity and tech to make OLED for their phones, I mean they have the best OLED tech out there. Especially after G5 which sold so bad they had to reorganize the whole department. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Nice design but farkkk no sd card or replacable battery. LG lost its unique selling feature :(

It's probably gonna be the same story with G2/G3. After criticism, the returned it with G3. I'm expecting it'll be here again with G7. 

I'm pretty sure that LG has the capacity and tech to make OLED for their phones, I mean they have the best OLED tech out there. Especially after G5 which sold so bad they had to reorganize the whole department. 

Samsung holds almost a monopoly in smartphone OLED panels. LG has a great TV OLED division but I can't think of any smartphones out there with an LG made OLED panel.

1 minute ago, randomhkkid said:

Samsung holds almost a monopoly in smartphone OLED panels. LG has a great TV OLED division but I can't think of any smartphones out there with an LG made OLED panel.

And it's finally time for them to start doing it. I don't have sources, but I'm more than positive they can do it. 

And I hope they will give us at least a small part of DAC godness from V20. 

12 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Nice design but farkkk no sd card or replacable battery. LG lost its unique selling feature :(

I liked it when they had the volume rocker at the back of the phone. After that change, to me it felt like the LG series followed the crowd.. It's still a good phone but i liked the uniqueness.

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Gaming | Anime | Programming 

I want this, I loved the G2. I just really hope that they put the volume buttons on the back again, it was SO NICE.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I doubt it will happen again. Them old men up there only see the iPhones' success and attribute it to every design aspect of the iPhone. Including all the backwards features. Its happened to Samsung and some manufacturers are even going the no headphone jack route.

It does not help that people are sheep and will accept whatever is sold. 

The thing is, if they don't need the features, I don't see a problem. I for once never used the SD, and 64GB is plenty for me, and I've had a single battery issue in 3 years owning it, but it's not that hard to change the battery yourself. 

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

I want this, I loved the G2. I just really hope that they put the volume buttons on the back again, it was SO NICE.

Still rocking it, hopefully the G6 will be a worthy upgrade. If not, time to change brands. Sadly, the volume buttons which were the best feature imo seem to be stuck on the side. G5 all over again. 

Holly shit I just noticed 90% STB ratio. G2 had 75.9% and that was almost as high as we ever saw. 

Edited by Bouzoo

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Still rocking it, hopefully the G6 will be a worthy upgrade. If not, time to change brands. Sadly, the volume buttons which were the best feature imo seem to be stuck on the side. G5 all over again. 

My G2 just got slow really fast... It would be sad if they just made a updated G5, the G5 was a good phone, but I don't want it because they moved the volume buttons on the side again...

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

My G2 just got slow really fast... It would be sad if they just made a updated G5, the G5 was a good phone, but I don't want it because they moved the volume buttons on the side again...

Well since they moved it to the side anyway might as well try it because well on any other phone, it would probably be the same. To me nowadays, phone brands aren't really much different from each other. It is like they are all going towards this one global design structure. Either that or they are running out of ideas.

Intel i7 4790 3.6GHzGigabyte GTX 970 4GB WF3  | Thermaltake Chaser A31 | Z97 Guard Pro

Gaming | Anime | Programming 

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah, the main reason why I skipped it. Was thinking on getting V20 perhaps but it never launched in Europe, because reasons, but I'm in a huge need of an upgrade. My G2 is still rocking pretty good, it aged like Sean Connery if I may add. 

12 minutes ago, Sketched360 said:

Well since they moved it to the side anyway might as well try it because well on any other phone, it would probably be the same. To me nowadays, phone brands aren't really much different from each other. It is like they are all going towards this one global design structure. Either that or they are running out of ideas.

I think they are running out of ideas, a lot of phones look the same today. I like the things LG normally does to their andriod, but last time I used a LG phone was 1½-2 years ago...

13 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Yeah, the main reason why I skipped it. Was thinking on getting V20 perhaps but it never launched in Europe, because reasons, but I'm in a huge need of an upgrade. My G2 is still rocking pretty good, it aged like Sean Connery if I may add. 

Yep I was also looking forward to the V20, but they didn't launch it in EU. I am also in need of an upgrade, my phone (lumia 930) gets insanely hot and restarts 2-3 times a day

Yep I was also looking forward to the V20, but they didn't launch it in EU. I am also in need of an upgrade, my phone (lumia 930) gets insanely hot and restarts 2-3 times a day

Well if you end up buying the G6, feel free to inform me how it is. 

Well if you end up buying the G6, feel free to inform me how it is. 

well that depends on how expensive it ends up being

well that depends on how expensive it ends up being

Luckily, at least in my country, ever since the G6, their flagships have been up to $80 cheaper than Samsung, HTC and other flagships. I'd expect what G5 costed.