Logitech RMA and Customer Service SUCKS.

Lol. I filed an RMA with Logitech FOUR MONTHS AGO over a faulty mouse. they JUST sent me an e-mail saying my replacement had shipped. I gave up on the RMA three months ago... and the e-mail just made me even more mad. Anyone else have similar experiences?

*_*_*_*_*_*_*Personal Rig*_*_*_*_*_*_*

CPU: Core i7 7700k @ 5.1 GHz

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SSC ACX 3.0

MOBO: ASROCK Z270 Killer SLI/AC

RAM: 16 GB HyperX Fury

COOLER: NZXT Kraken X52

CASE: NZXT S340 Elite

STORAGE:  500GB NVME Samsung 960 Pro

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

4TB Seagate Barracuda (7200 RPM)

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

Why would that make you angrier?

I had forgotten and given up. Just annoying that they decide to suddenly care after four months. Is something going on, or is my case a fluke? NEVER had customer service replies take more than a week.

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

Gigabyte is the worst in my opinion. Sent in a motherboard and it has been 3 months and they only reply after my 2nd email each time. 

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

1 minute ago, VinsinityKT said:

Gigabyte is the worst in my opinion. Sent in a motherboard and it has been 3 months and they only reply after my 2nd email each time. 

that sucks man. I like MSI's customer service from what I hear from other people. I try to stay away from gigabyte because of the notoriously bad CS. If i ever buy a new GPU, ill stray away from my gigabyte one and head for EVGA.

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

11 minutes ago, VinsinityKT said:

My experience was quick, i had a faulty motherboard that had a part fall off of it, I called them about it (6 months since purchase on a 2 year warranty) and they told me that they couldn't help me because the serial number of the motherboard was out of warranty because before i had bought it, the motherboard was sitting in a warehouse and they apparently don't count time of purchase for their warranty only time of manufacturing.

Edited by Archeval
Elaboration

2 minutes ago, Archeval said:

My experience was quick, i had a faulty motherboard that had a part fall off of it, I called them about it (6 months since purchase on a 2 year warranty) and they told me that they couldn't help me because the serial number of the motherboard was out of warranty because before i had bought it, the motherboard was sitting in a warehouse and they apparently don't count time of purchase for their warranty.

I WOULD BE SO PISSED. I don't even know who I would blame

500GB Samsung 860 EVO

3 minutes ago, Wayne Geissinger said:

I WOULD BE SO PISSED. I don't even know who I would blame

i was, so i bought the motherboard i'm still using to this day and probably going to move off of it soon

39 minutes ago, Wayne Geissinger said:

I had forgotten and given up. Just annoying that they decide to suddenly care after four months. Is something going on, or is my case a fluke? NEVER had customer service replies take more than a week.

so.. have you ever considered sending a follow-up asking if they properly received your request?

i cant commend on RMA procedures, because i seem to be the only sane person in the world left that goes to stores with in-house warranties.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i cant commend on RMA procedures, because i seem to be the only sane person in the world left that goes to stores with in-house warranties.

I prefer it this way too, sadly you tend to end up paying significantly more for stuff...

3 minutes ago, Mina Darsh said:

I prefer it this way too, sadly you tend to end up paying significantly more for stuff...

from my experience, if you find a decent one, it's actually not too much.

i'd recommend alternate, but appareantly their support in the netherlands isnt ideal.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

from my experience, if you find a decent one, it's actually not too much.

i'd recommend alternate, but appareantly their support in the netherlands isnt ideal.

Having had pretty decent support from Alternate so far luckily, guess I'm lucky, and their way of storing purchase history on your account really helps take away the risk of loosing receipts. :D

By the way if I may ask, are you Dutch too or in one of the neighbouring countries? 

1 minute ago, Mina Darsh said:

Having had pretty decent support from Alternate so far luckily, guess I'm lucky, and their way of storing purchase history on your account really helps take away the risk of loosing receipts. :D

By the way if I may ask, are you Dutch too or in one of the neighbouring countries? 

<------------------------

lets just say i'm dying to move about 50km north :P

and most of alternate's issues have to do with shipping in the NL, which... i may have threatened PostNL with electric fences before to keep them out my back yard :D

1 hour ago, Archeval said:

My experience was quick, i had a faulty motherboard that had a part fall off of it, I called them about it (6 months since purchase on a 2 year warranty) and they told me that they couldn't help me because the serial number of the motherboard was out of warranty because before i had bought it, the motherboard was sitting in a warehouse and they apparently don't count time of purchase for their warranty only time of manufacturing.

I would have argued the point. Provide them with a copy of your sales invoice, and that should have been sufficient. Hell, in most places, it's industry standard that the warranty starts on the day of purchase, and not via the manufacturing date. That date is supposed to only be used as a fallback, when proof of purchase is not available.

I would have called back and made them agree to service it, with my easy to provide proof of purchase. If they didn't help, I would speak to their supervisor, and tweet at them and also post on their public Facebook page.

You just watch how quickly they'll change their tune once you start smearing their public image.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

22 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I would have argued the point. Provide them with a copy of your sales invoice, and that should have been sufficient. Hell, in most places, it's industry standard that the warranty starts on the day of purchase, and not via the manufacturing date. That date is supposed to only be used as a fallback, when proof of purchase is not available.

I would have called back and made them agree to service it, with my easy to provide proof of purchase. If they didn't help, I would speak to their supervisor, and tweet at them and also post on their public Facebook page.

You just watch how quickly they'll change their tune once you start smearing their public image.

this was 4 or more years ago, moot point now.

1 minute ago, Archeval said:

this was 4 or more years ago, moot point now.

Certainly. But you did throw money away by allowing them to bully you into refusing warranty service. It was more of a "In case this happens again to anyone viewing this thread, here's what you should do".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Wow, that sucks... I got in contact with Logitech twice for RMA and both times it went relatively fast and was highly satisfied. Just had to repeat myself a few times to make them understand I had already done all those "troubleshooting" steps they wanted me to take...

My latest Logitech RMA was quite recent, here's the timeline:

-Dec 28 2016 : I started the RMA

-Jan 07 2017 : I send a message wondering if everyone was on vacation or something since I got no reply yet.

• Jan 09 2017 : First reply from Logitech! Praise the Sun!

-Jan 09 2017 : I replied back the same day, re-explaining my case. Because apparently they can't read as I wrote it all in my original RMA request.

• Jan 11 2017 : Second reply from Logitech! Asked me to confirm my address.

-Jan 11 2017 : I confirmed my address.

• Jan 13 2017 : Third reply from Logitech! Warranty replacement approved!
  • Jan 18 2017 : Received the email from Logitech to say the replacement was shipped through UPS, got a tracking number.
  • Jan 23 2017 : Expected delivery date. (Tomorrow) It's already in Canada, close to where I live so.. yeah.

I'm fine with Logitech's RMA, because you never have to ship your broken item back to them. They just take your words for it and ship you a brand new one. It takes a bit longer than most others where you just open the RMA, they give you a number, you ship your item and then wait to get the new one, but I'd say it's worth it.

Have you made your presence known at all after your initial RMA request? Or afterward, to remind them what is going on? It's easy for a request to go missing. Honestly if I had not received any news from them by the 20th, I would've contacted Logitech once more to find out what's taking so long. They even sent me 3 emails so far, to know if I'm satisfied with the service I got and if I wanted to report a problem to them.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

The one time I have had to use Logitech's warranty service I was rather happy with the service. I had broken the stem of the F5 key on my G710+ (went to hit it under the edge of my desk and hit the front of the key instead of the top). They ended up sending me a full set of replacement key caps within a few weeks. Only issue that I had was that they didn't want to send it to my dorm (too similar to a PO box for them) so I had to have it shipped home instead.

• 6 months later...

You guys are lucky you didnt purchase in Philippines. Despite having the receipt & sending photos/describing the defective mouse, they told me I can only claim warranty through the point of purchase//distributor for my logitech G502(1 year 3 months old) which is supposed to be a 2 year warranty.

When I told them I cannot get  in touch with the distributor and most retailers only offer upto 1 year warranty support before referring customers to Manufacturer claim(thus the logitech support ticket//RMA request). They STILL insisted they do not offer direct warranty support and I have to go through the point of purchase//distributor.. So I'm pretty much screwed out of a warranty claim.

logitechwarranty.jpg