Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seb86

Xbox one controller

Posted · Original PosterOP

so i was looking to the xbox one controller with the usb wifi dongle for windows 10, and i saw that some come with a batery pack while others use AA bateries, do all the controllers come with this dual "AA batery" and "batery pack" conectors? so i can choose to upgrade to a batery pack or in case i cant plug it to charge or use it pluged in i could grab a couple of aa bateries and play?

Just now, Seb86 said:

so i was looking to the xbox one controller with the usb wifi dongle for windows 10, and i saw that some come with a batery pack while others use AA bateries, do all the controllers come with this dual "AA batery" and "batery pack" conectors? so i can choose to upgrade to a batery pack or in case i cant plug it to charge or use it pluged in i could grab a couple of aa bateries and play?

yea you can just pay another truckload of money for the charge and play kit

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

Rock candy controller are relatively cheap 

My Rig

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K|  |Cooling: Corsair H100i, Thermaltake Riing RGB fans|  |Motherboard:  ASUS Z97-K|  |RAM: 4x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 1600|  |Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition 8gb |  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 650W|  |Case: DIYPC D480-W-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case|  |SSD: 1Tb Samsung 860 Evo|  |Monitor: LG 34UM68-P 2160x1080 DisplayPort, LG 22EA53 1920x1080 DVI, Dell - P2213 22.0" 1680x1050 Display Port|  |Keyboard: CORSAIR Gaming K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Cherry MX-Brown|  |Mouse: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury|  |Speakers: Logitech Z200|  |Headphones:Sennheiser GAME ONE, HyperX Cloud Core, Grado Labs SR-60e, Sennheiser HD650 |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

As someone who bought the Bluetooth adapter and battery pack for the Xbone controller, I would recommend against it. The battery dies too quickly, sometimes it won't actually turn off even though the light on the controller is off (the only conclusion I can come to when I picked it up after only an hour of a gaming session the next day and it's dead).

I'd deal with the cable unless you absolutely need the wireless part.

i use Panasonic eneloops with my xbox one controllers.  way cheaper to replace too. 4 pro 2550 mAH eneloops are 15 bucks. 2 to keep charged and 2 to play with. if you need a charger just buy this thing, it comes with 1900 mAH eneloops and is fucking amazing. the circuitry for the charger is really REALLY good. everybody i know that uses them and had a charge and play kit says these things last way longer on one charge and you can use them on every battery powered device you have.

https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-K-KJ17MCA4BA-Individual-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1485186747&sr=8-5&keywords=eneloop

edit:
i bought the controller dongle and it works wonders for me, its expensive though but you need it for audio pass-trough etc. and i though tyou also need it for multicontroller setup which is what i use it for.