Setting up new router - plusnet with no username/password

pwecki

Hi,

Looking to set a new router in my flat but do not have the username/password required to do this with plusnet. Its university run accommodation so I do not have access to any of the routers and they refuse to give me the details to upgrade the routers myself. 

I have used wireshark in the past to set up my own router with sky broadband at home. Will the same technique work in this case as well?

Thanks

Does it work by default and you want the credentials to make additional changes or do you need them to get the router setup from scratch?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

What do you have coming out of the wall? Cable, Fiber, Ethernet, Phone line

If cable or phone line buy a modem and router and it should work like residential internet access.

If fiber I would suggest keeping their modem in place and have a router or switch behind it.

If ethernet just connect a switch to get more ports or an access point to control your own wifi.

6 hours ago, Lurick said:

Does it work by default and you want the credentials to make additional changes or do you need them to get the router setup from scratch?

Sorry should have been more clear. 

I want the details to set up a new router from scratch.

The routers they are using right now are ancient and struggle to handle the traffic we put through it