Steam account

Joelbanks5

Are there sites that allow me to sell my steam account? 

I have 60some games and I only play about 5 of them so I was wondering if I could just sell it and start from scratch.

I know there are sites that allow you to sell your league of legends account, so maybe there are steam ones as well.

That I believe is illegal 

Quote from a Forum:

NO. You are not entitled to sell your steam account legally and you are clearly violating the ‘Steam Subscriber Agreement’ that you agree for, prior to signing up for a steam account.

Steam Subscriber Agreement Clause ‘C’ under listing ‘1’ for registrations and terms of application strictly mentions “You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any Subscriptions other than if and as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) or as otherwise specifically permitted by Valve.” Read it completely here.

If your buyer is a friend whom you know very well and can trust him, you can legally ‘family share’ your games with him if you want him, to play some games from your account.

If Valve is brought to notice about the same, the account which you sell will be banned permanently. Bans are irreversible by Steam Support unless otherwise required.

My Setup: 
CPU: i7 4790 @3800 MHz, MB: MSI H87-G41, Grafik: Gigabyte GTX 1080TI, RAM: 2x 8GB DDR3 (1600), Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo

2 minutes ago, Robots (2005) said:

yes becase you can get arrested for it lol,

You don't always have to be arrested for something illegal though. 

1 hour ago, deXxterlab97 said:

You don't always have to be arrested for something illegal though. 

well from my understanding if something is illegal you have the potential to get arrested. but thats up to the police officer lol 

16 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

16 hours ago, Robots (2005) said:

yes becase you can get arrested for it lol,

I think he means its against steam's TOS.

[...] The ToS is a legally binding thing when you accept it, so breaking it could have consequences.  I believe the difference is that it would be considered a "civil" case like suing someone, rather than a criminal case.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
removed incorrect information

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Something doesn't have to be a law like "don't murder" to be illegal.  The ToS is a legally binding thing when you accept it, so breaking it could have consequences.  I believe the difference is that it would be considered a "civil" case like suing someone, rather than a criminal case.

then its not illegal. if its somethings illegal or breaking the law then its a criminal case.

TOS is just breaching a contract, not illegal to break the contract but it has repercussions.  

1 minute ago, Robots (2005) said:

then its not illegal. if its somethings illegal or breaking the law then its a criminal case.

TOS is just breaching a contract, not illegal to break the contract but it has repercussions.  

Well I'm in over my head xD 

@jmart604 halp :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Robots (2005) said:

Legally speaking, it is not a criminal case. Just more of a court case that's all (Provided Valve decides to sue you).

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

27 minutes ago, VolkA said:

Legally speaking, it is not a criminal case. Just more of a court case that's all (Provided Valve decides to sue you).

Yes

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

He's right, it's technically not illegal in sense that there's no criminal charge for breaking contract. Valve has right to terminate account and ban user/s from their services. But at the moment thats about all they can do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

So then is there anything at all I can do with the 50 some games I don't play?

Abandoning Steam = life sentence in prison. 

Selling account = 10 years.

Selling account and going to the peasant side = life and no cut sentence.

6900k. 64GB DDR4 3200. ASUS Rampage V Edition TEN. GTX TITAN X Pascal SLi.  

nope. If valve finds out you did sell it or even has suspicion you did they will block all access to it. 

Just sell it tho lol. You can you probably won't get caught. I've traded a steam account with Arma 2 for a Minecraft account before.

15 hours ago, Robots (2005) said:

well from my understanding if something is illegal you have the potential to get arrested. but thats up to the police officer lol 

I dont think the police gives a single sh** about a steam account.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

14 hours ago, VolkA said:

Which they definetly won't , since that costs money and time.

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

15 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Calling a contract breach "illegal" is completely wrong.

You can be sued for breaking a contract, but only violations of public law should be called "illegal."

Of course, there are times where you can be breaching a contract AND committing a crime with the same act. Certain kinds of copyright infringement, for instance.

I spell my name without an H!

Esse Quam Videri - Go Blue Devils

1 minute ago, jmart604 said:

Calling a contract breach "illegal" is completely wrong.

You can be sued for breaking a contract, but only violations of public law should be called "illegal."

Of course, there are times where you can be breaching a contract AND committing a crime with the same act. Certain kinds of copyright infringement, for instance.

I guess that makes sense... thanks :) 

1 hour ago, sgtcool said:

I dont think the police gives a single sh** about a steam account.

Lol it's not police. Olivier can't do anything. It's valve that can.

13 hours ago, Joelbanks5 said:

So then is there anything at all I can do with the 50 some games I don't play?

Reflect on it and tell yourself never to do such things again. Don't spend on games that you will not be playing it for at least 6 months or more. Other than that nothing much you can do without breaking the "contract" / "agreement" you agreed to when you sign up for the steam account.

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System