No signal through Displayport cable

Special Agent 星雨

First up, the specs because they're important.

CPU: i7 3770

MOBO: ASUS P8H61

GPU: MSI GAMING GTX 970

PSU: Corsair HX650

STORAGE: 120GB SSD from Kingston and 750GB SSD from Crucial

Don't think I've missed anything yet.

Monitors: Left (secondary) ASUS MX279H connected to GPU via HDMI (male) to HDMI (male) cable, front (primary) ASUS VG248QE 144HZ monitor connected to GPU via Displayport (male) to Displayport (male) cable.

**CONTEXT**

Basically, I ordered some Noctua fans to use as exhaust fans because my airflow is quite terrible. They arrived today so I unplugged all the cables going out from my PC (power supply cable, mouse, keyboard, mouse, ethernet etc.). I took my PC from underneath my computer to above another table so I could take the side panel off to install my new fans.

***PROBLEM***

After installation, I replugged all the cables back into my computer, flicked on the switch on the PSU and pressed the power button.

First, I see the BIOS screen on my secondary monitor (it always posts to secondary monitor instead of my main I have no idea why but it doesn't bother me), sweet, everything is normal.

Next, I see the windows logo on my secondary monitor and I'm thinking everything is working and I'll be back to gaming in no time.

What happens next just shocks me. Normally my desktop icons are on my main monitor.... because it's the main monitor. But instead, this time around, the icons are all on my left monitor, and after the windows logo my main monitor goes black, and a "Displayport no signal" notification pops up in the middle of my main monitor, then it goes to sleep (I presume) because the blue light on the bottom right of the monitor turns orange.

***THINGS I'VE TRIED***

- Unplugging the power cord from my MAIN monitor to the wall for about 5 minutes, as this has apparently helped some people, it definitely did nothing for me.

- Reinstalled ALL drivers from 368.XXX to 376.XXX. Uninstalling previous drivers using DDU in between installations.

- Unplugging the power cord to both my PC, main monitor and secondary monitor.

- Trying only using my main monitor via Displayport, secondary monitor power cord/HDMI cable unplugged.

- Trying 3 different Displayport cables (including the one that I've been using previously)

Despite all this, HDMI still works with my VG248QE (main monitor), displayport doesn't.

Please help! 

I consider myself quite familiar with computers and have been able to solve most of my problems alone before. But I've spent the most of today trying to figure this out and have not been able to.

Any help is appreciated!

If you require any additional info I will be more than happy to provide it to you.

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.

Check nvidia surround settings? 

According to my NVCP surround settings, it only shows my secondary monitor connected, in other words, only one monitor is shown as connected.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

Have you checked that the cable actually locks into the GTX970 DP port, I've heard and read about that some people just put it in, think it is connected 100% but then the case blocks the locking mechanism of the DP cable and that is why they never got a signal to begin with?

Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.

37 minutes ago, ZothOmmog said:

Have you checked that the cable actually locks into the GTX970 DP port, I've heard and read about that some people just put it in, think it is connected 100% but then the case blocks the locking mechanism of the DP cable and that is why they never got a signal to begin with?

I have made sure that the cables are plugged in correctly on both the monitor port and the GPU port.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU