RX480 crossfire crashes

YOSHIGIE

I bought these cards barely over a month ago and haven't had any issues with them until very recently.

My PC has crashed more than 5 times within the past 7 days. more than 3 of the times, I was in the middle of playing Payday 2. I am usually able to play payday 2, but I get a lot of "artifacting" (not really sure what it is -that's what a friend of mine called it- but I get a lot of stuttering, flashing, and occasionally my shadows mess up and everything gets really dark. My PC has crashed twice when I tried to play Brothers-A tale of two sons today. I played the game without any problems during the game-play (I did get flashing for the intro of the game). Both crashes today gave me a message that said "Video TDR Failure" and "what failed: atikmpag.sys". I am currently running 2 sapphire rx480's in crossfire on an MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard.  

when my computer crashes my monitors get all janky. Anyone know whats going on?

I'm working on uploading some images

can we get full specs of your PC?

what PSU are you using?

Also are you running the latest Crimson Re:Live drivers?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hi! Have you overclocked your cards at all and are you keeping an eye on temperatures?

- Moved to Troubleshooting.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

PC Specs:

Corsair cx600, i5-4690K, MSI Z97 gaming 5 motherboard, 4 4gb hyper x RAM, hyper 212 evo cpu cooler, 2 sapphire rx480 8gb, 1 TB hdd 

I have overclocked my cards once (at a lan party. my friends helped me keep up with temps and stuff) other than that one time, my cards stay factory clocked 

Looks like one of your cards is unstable. This might be a product of an overclocking setting that didn't get removed, or a bad driver.

I would advise wiping off all drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, then uninstalling all overclocking programs. Then reinstall the latest driver.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Looks like one of your cards is unstable. This might be a product of an overclocking setting that didn't get removed, or a bad driver.

I would advise wiping off all drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller, then uninstalling all overclocking programs. Then reinstall the latest driver.

thanks, working on it right now.

43 minutes ago, YOSHIGIE said:

thanks, working on it right now.

So I did what you recommended, and after everything finished, I started up the game, Brothers -A tale of two sons, and my pc did the same thing.

20170123_000711.jpg

20170123_000716.jpg