De-Cluttering the User Profile Page

iamdarkyoshi

Right now, for me, my page looks like this:

Before.PNG

(I censored the warning points and content for reasons)

But why does the warning points box have to show inactive points? My points are very old, but although they serve as a reminder, I think the legitimate panic attack when I got them was more than enough. What is the reason behind expiring if they don't expire?

I propose we make it look like this:

After1.PNG

And clicking the See All button should show INACTIVE ones. Sure, active ones can show here, but inactive ones really don't need to IMO

Or why not move it to the bottom of the page? You can fit so much more content on the page without scrolling now!

After2.PNG

The point(s) I currently have are making me feel depressed every time I look at them because I realize how freaking stupid I was like 2 years ago, and if I manage to get one more, I'm banning myself from the forums because I just don't like being told I'm a screw up every time I view my profile.

Yeah, I'd like to see that part being consolidated to show only active warning points.

Here's how mine looks. If moderators wanna censor the warnings, go ahead.

IMG_8672.PNG

Edited by TheRandomness
Hid warning point details (considerably lower resolution, sorry)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

As per code of conduct, I'd censor that.

Don't listen to me, I could be backseat moderating. Do what you want.

That's always been a super grey area, so I don't know what to do in this case.

If I need to change it and censor it, I'll do it but idk

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

That's always been a super grey area, so I don't know what to do in this case.

If I need to change it and censor it, I'll do it but idk

Warning points aren't supposed to be discussed, let alone shown with detail

Or make it collapsible. Sorry for my MS paint

User who got at least a warning point club

testoe.png

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

@TheRandomness is a mod now too? Cool.

Btw it isn't censored?

I removed all important details, like who its from and what it was for, and how many, replacing them with silly values

i am wondering what's the process for people becoming mods, what makes them qualified? 

55 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

i am wondering what's the process for people becoming mods, what makes them qualified? 

Typically an existing mod will suggest to the rest a possible candidate. They then discuss as a group whether they will make a good mod and will pretty much decide as a group. There are no exact requirements but being polite and helpful might as well be a requirement. An admin then approaches the person asking if they would want to be a mod. I'm pretty sure @LoGiCalDrm has been asked like three time iirc.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

4 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Be someone other than me, it seems :(

So the way it works is that either Whaler or myself create a thread in our mod forum asking for mod suggestions. We then let that play out for a week or two and a few names are bought forward. I'll then give those names to the senior mods who will take a look through and then either Whaler or myself end up deciding on the end result. Mod recruitment is no longer handled by Slick. 

5 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

-snip-

Yeah, I get how you feel, I have 3 from "abusive behaviour" (about as far as I am allowed to describe I think) but I don't mind them, although at time I'm tempted to try and best them, I'd rather not get banned and loose float plane access. 

Yours faithfully

This is working as intended. I appreciate that it's annoying to be reminded of your mistakes, but it's also going to stop you from doing it again. 

That said, your points are fairly old, so I can see merit in them being hidden. The problem is, for some things they should be displayed for eternity, and it's quite hard to change it to hide after a certain date for you (ie not for mods) anyway. 

HTTP/2 203