Yet another thread for "need a 1440p+ monitor"

Alright, I'll preface it with this:

As such, I need a monitor. But honestly, I can't find anything that isn't ridiculously expensive. You seems to be able to get a 1080p monitor for really cheap, but when it comes to resolutions higher than that, be ready to shell out at least $400 because suddenly everything is IPS or high refresh rate... Ugh.

I don't think my requirement are that hard to match, I just need the following:
Size : 25" or higher. My current main monitor is 25,5", I don't see myself going lower than that.

Resolution : 1440p or above. I currently have a 1200p monitor, really don't want to be downgrading to 1080p or stay at 1200p. 1080p would look like lego blocks at the size I want.

Panel type : Honestly don't care, as long the monitor/panel isn't known to have obvious light bleeding at the edges.

COST : Under $350 CANADIAN MONOPOLY MONEY. The cheaper the better.

Aspect Ratio : 16:9, 16:10, 21:9, don't care as long as it isn't some square 4:3 thing.

Korean monitors welcome.

Yet despite all that, the only monitors I can find that even remotely match my requirements, at 23" monitors, way too small considering I'm not sitting with my face up the screen.(more than 1 arm length away)

Everything else I can find is either some expensive high refresh rate monitor or some ridiculously expensive ips g-sync monitor that are between $600 and $1000. Since when did that become the norm!?

Is there no such thing as a cheap 25" 1440p TN 60hz monitor anymore?!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

11 minutes ago, Chewique said:

LInk doesnt work

Forgot to unprivate it. Should work now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

It seems that there may be better options on the USA Amazon site than on the Canadian Amazon site, from what I can tell. (Also, the Canadian dollar could use a pick-me-up)

Canada

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D2404990011&field-keywords=1440p++monitor&rh=n%3A667823011%2Cn%3A2404990011%2Ck%3A1440p++monitor

USA

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=1440p+monitor

12 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

(Also, the Canadian dollar could use a pick-me-up)

That's my biggest issue right now... Many monitors, even accounting for the exchange rate, are ridiculously overpriced in Canada compared to the US, thus limiting my options a lot, just like how there's really no monitor that matches what I want at my price point on Amazon.ca

I mean really, the same monitor, on CA and US Amazon, is $100 over the current exchange rate. I get that there's import taxes and other sh*t like that, but that's ridiculous.

21 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

That's my biggest issue right now... Many monitors, even accounting for the exchange rate, are ridiculously overpriced in Canada compared to the US, thus limiting my options a lot, just like how there's really no monitor that matches what I want at my price point on Amazon.ca

I mean really, the same monitor, on CA and US Amazon, is $100 over the current exchange rate. I get that there's import taxes and other sh*t like that, but that's ridiculous.

sucks man, best I can recommend is to either look for used stuff or settle for something a little less, like maybe a 1080 ultrawide.

alternatively you might be able to pick up a decent tv within that price that would work.

4 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

like maybe a 1080 ultrawide.

Considering that right now.

The used monitor market isn't that great here. Unless if I wanted a monitor even older than what I currently have... 

29 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If you think that's ridiculous, you should check the Indian pricing for the monitors. I tried to buy from newegg but the shipping and Import fees combined were more than half the price of the Monitor.>:(

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

Is there any cheap korean monitors anyone here bought and are satisfied with?

30 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Is there any cheap korean monitors anyone here bought and are satisfied with?

unfortunately no, I went the high road with mine.

I'd look up the company of that korean monitor LTT did a review of a while ago though, he seemed pretty satisfied with the quality, see if the same company has other monitors available

55 minutes ago, Alkali A said:

unfortunately no, I went the high road with mine.

I'd look up the company of that korean monitor LTT did a review of a while ago though, he seemed pretty satisfied with the quality, see if the same company has other monitors available

Yeaaah, first thing I did was look that monitor up. Linus says it was around $400. Which wouldn't have been that bad... Except that since then, that particular monitor model BLEW UP in pricing and is now nearly $1000 in CAD. Probably in response to the higher demand exactly due to his review of it.

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Yeaaah, first thing I did was look that monitor up. Linus says it was around $400. Which wouldn't have been that bad... Except that since then, that particular monitor model BLEW UP in pricing and is now nearly $1000 in CAD. Probably in response to the higher demand exactly due to his review of it.

did that company make any other monitors?

1 hour ago, Alkali A said:

did that company make any other monitors?

They do, like the "MicroBoard R270IPS", but I can't find any info or review on it. (And of course it doesn't ship to Canada... it's on ebay for $333CAD though)

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

They do, like the "MicroBoard R270IPS", but I can't find any info or review on it. (And of course it doesn't ship to Canada... it's on ebay for $333CAD though)

rip, that's kinda annoying.