27inch 1080p monitor?

a-joh

Hi there

The last few years I've not been gaming a whole lot. And if I did, it was on my 15inch laptop. I'm now moving back to my desktop as I've ordered a desk + office chair for more comfortable sittings.

I'm missing a monitor to go with my computer, but I just can't seem to figure out what to buy.

My wants:
27-28inch

Able to output 1080p from PS4 without the scaling issues that comes with 1440p

Good black levels (VA panel?)

Freesync for smoother experience as my computer isnt the most powerful 

With these criterias, I only find 1080p monitors and some 4K TN monitors and my computer is not able to play 4K games at all.

I'm currently using a 42inch 1080p TV as a monitor and it's just somewhat pixelated when reading text, but not as bad as people seem to claim. It's also got quite some input lag.

There's currently a deal on Samsung C27F390 which is a 27inch curved VA monitor with freesync.

Could I safely go for something like that monitor even tho it's 1080p? I see the appeal of higher resolution, but when my 42inch TV works wonderfully at 1 meters away I believe a 27inch would work as well.

Seems like a nice monitor to me. I would go for it

I see some people complain about ghosting. I've never used a VA monitor before, but I've never had any particularly good monitors either. Cheap TN's and IPS laptop.

Is it something to worry about? I'm not a competetive gamer. I play mostly MMO's on PC and RPG's, car sim and BF1 on PS4.

Just wanted to follow-up on this by saying I went for a 24 inch monitor due to lack of multiple digital inputs on the samsung.

Bought AOC G2460VQ6 - 1ms, 75hz freesync - for roughly 200$ (fairly inexpensive).

Reasons being:
1x Displayport for connecting PC

1x HDMI for PS4

Bigger range for freesync compared to the samsung

Edit: Returned the AOC and bought a Samsung 27SF350. The TN panel of the AOC could not distinguish between white and grey.
Lost a digital input and 15hz in the upper range, but gained PLS panel with alot better colors.