Can my rig handle 4k(medium/high settings) at 60fps

IAR117

Hi I'm building a rig soon and I already have my main components.

I7 4790

16GB DDR3

Noctua NH D9L

RX 480 8GB CROSSFIRE/ R9 FURY X

Will this rig play 4k at 60 fps and if possible what is the performance difference at 4k with the RX 480s and the single R9 Fury X?

This is the monitor I'm getting, any good?

LG 24UD58

http://www.ebuyer.com/755333-lg-24ud58-23-8-ips-4k-uhd-gaming-monitor-24ud58

I will be playing AAA games like Forza Horizon 3, Overwatch, Battlefront and Rainbow Six Siege

2 minutes ago, Aleksiandrovich said:

no... not triple A titles at least, the fury X will mean more support in more titles which intern will mean higher frame rates as not all games support SLI - wait for VEGA.

Would I have to lower the resoloution to 1440p to get 60 fps? Still at medium settings and for vega, my budget is 300 Pounds so I doubt that I will be able to get Vega

I would be using 2 RX 480s in Crossfire though, wouldn't that be able to handle 4K?

Depends on the CF implementation and game. . But expect to use low to medium settings in general. If CF scaling and performance is bad or not working at all you are screwed. It's better to consider a single 1080 then, or wait for next gen upcoming cards that are even better if you want a decent 4k experience. For example 2 1080 can't even reach 4k max settings GTA V 60Hz yet.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

So an R9 Fury X won't be able to handle 4k Medium at 60fps?

With a 4790 and 16 gb ram

Again depends on game. Some game it will, some don't. Think you will reach 60+ for most though and otherwise you can always dial certain stuff back further. Or go with a Nvidia card now or wait for new top polaris GPU's if you only want AMD.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list