Asus's Warranty vs Store Warranty

I have this experience with my Asus motherboard that has problem. It is still in the asus' warranty which is 3 years. The day that I've purchased the said component from the store, they just told me that the warranty of this component is 1 year. I used the motherboard for 13 months and then it failed. So I went to one of the Asus service center, and checked the warranty by verifying it using the serial number. Then after, they advice me to go to the store where I have bought the product. When I was on the store, they do not honor the warranty because they said to me that this component has only 1 year warranty - which is opposing to the asus' warranty period.

Is it right that the store didn't honor the warranty even it is still indeed under the warranty period of asus? Or they are giving F on me? Is it the warranty a contract? What action I am going to do with this situation?

PS: You can share also your point of views and experience here.

Thank you.

You should contact Asus support directly and tell them your problem. Asus should be dealing with this not the store you got it from.

Hello

that's a pretty shitty retailer, as most will honour a manufacturers warranty, but raise a ticket with Asus, and see if they'll deal with it.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB