Purashe of a gpu First quarter of 2k17

RoyalBeer

Hello. 

As 2017's already on the run! I've decided to upgrade from my HD 5850 to a RX 480 (8gb) for  (1920x1080 res. gaming etc).

The question being, should i buy it now, or wait. I'm not willing to wait 6 months before buying a gpu. But i also don't know if i should wait a few weeks with hoping that some new gpu comes out and with it, discounts.

Also, apologizes if this thread sounds ignorant or hostile. I certainly lack knowledge so i'd like to get some help! Any additional information would be appreciated!

Oh one more thing, is the RX 480 a good choice? If it is, which brand should i pick?

(Specs : I5 6600k, 8GB ram ddr4, MSI Z170-A PRO)

Gaming X is the best option out there, but if it's too expensive, I would suggest getting the Armor

6 minutes ago, FTL said:

Gaming X is the best option out there, but if it's too expensive, I would suggest getting the Armor

Even though i live in Poland. The price shouldn't be a problem in picking a brand. Appreciated!

7 minutes ago, RoyalBeer said:

Even though i live in Poland. The price shouldn't be a problem in picking a brand. Appreciated!

Gaming X seems to a better option for me too, I'm waiting for a price drop though.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

Just be warned the Gaming X's dont have the best chips in them. If you're going for overclocking and dont care about noise get the Sapphire Nitro+. If you care about both, get a GTR

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

I don't really care about OC tbh.

The question remains. Will there be any price drops SOON or way later on?

27 minutes ago, RoyalBeer said:

I don't really care about OC tbh.

The question remains. Will there be any price drops SOON or way later on?

IDK about you but through amazon globalstore option, you can save some bucks. Not really a price drop but worth to consider.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

I'd buy the RX 480 8GB right now. It's a great card that has only been getting stronger the last few months with AMD's drivers maturing. It was pretty solidly below the GTX 1060 6GB when they launched but now it's slightly better than the 1060 when benchmarked over 2016 AAA releases (JokerProductions did a video a couple of weeks ago showing this). I don't expect there to be any official price drop on it any time soon considering (1) Vega seems to be targeting the 1070-1080 level market and (2) it's doubtful it releases before late May or so since everything we're seeing on Vega indicates a 1H 2017 release, not a Q1 2017 release.

Get the rx 470 4gb. It's much cheaper and you won't be able to run any games at a high enough resolution/settings to take advantage of the 8gb anyway.

34 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

Get the rx 470 4gb. It's much cheaper and you won't be able to run any games at a high enough resolution/settings to take advantage of the 8gb anyway.

Actually in Poland. The prices aren't very differnet. it's like 20$ if not less. 

40 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'd buy the RX 480 8GB right now. It's a great card that has only been getting stronger the last few months with AMD's drivers maturing. It was pretty solidly below the GTX 1060 6GB when they launched but now it's slightly better than the 1060 when benchmarked over 2016 AAA releases (JokerProductions did a video a couple of weeks ago showing this). I don't expect there to be any official price drop on it any time soon considering (1) Vega seems to be targeting the 1070-1080 level market and (2) it's doubtful it releases before late May or so since everything we're seeing on Vega indicates a 1H 2017 release, not a Q1 2017 release.

Thank you! Reallie appreciated. I'll listen to a few more people to hear more opinions. but can i ask you to "rain" some knowledge above me? I've got quite a few questions i kinda wanna ask.