Linus TechTips Net worth?

H0R53
18 hours ago, H0R53 said:

I just want to know the number. Maybe if he answered. What's his @ tag?

He has no obligation to reveal it. If it would be Finland, tax office would release yearly listing and you could search it yourself.

18 hours ago, H0R53 said:

I mean we know Donald Trump's net worth and Bill Gates' net worth.

Except we don't know what Trump has. He hasn't disclosed his tax returns. We only know he claims to be billionaire. With all other claims he makes, do you trust to that?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

OP: Even if you have watched that video, click on it anyways.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

I don't ask you about your income right? Linus has the right to have a private life lol

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

On 1/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, VinsinityKT said:

Enough to pay quite a few people full time jobs and buy 20k worth of laptop and get a whole warehouse. 

Most stuff is sponcerd

On 1/21/2017 at 3:46 PM, Princess Cadence said:

nobody is supposed to go around shouting their income.

Why not? There is really no reason to forbid people from discussing their income and net worth. It's one of those things that are ingrained in our social culture, but there's no good reason for it. An example for this is: In a heterosexual couple, the woman should be younger than the man; or she should be shorter in height. Another one: You shouldn't ask a woman about her weight, it's rude! But when it comes to men, go ham.

Now, if Linus wants to keep his net worth private to have a sense of privacy, that's fine. But saying that people telling their income is not good doesn't make sense.

CPU: Intel i5 3550           | Cooler: Corsair A50          | Motherboard: Asus P8Z77      | Storage: Crucial MX200 250GB |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB   | GPU: GTX 1650                | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)  | PSU: EVGA 650W G2            |

27 minutes ago, Gale said:

Why not? There is really no reason to forbid people from discussing their income and net worth. It's one of those things that are ingrained in our social culture, but there's no good reason for it. An example for this is: In a heterosexual couple, the woman should be younger than the man; or she should be shorter in height. Another one: You shouldn't ask a woman about her weight, it's rude! But when it comes to men, go ham.

Now, if Linus wants to keep his net worth private to have a sense of privacy, that's fine. But saying that people telling their income is not good doesn't make sense.

Agreed. The only reason your income/net worth is something you wouldn't want to discuss is if you're hiding something.

11 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Agreed. The only reason your income/net worth is something you wouldn't want to discuss is if you're hiding something.

So Linus is hiding something?

Also, by that logic, anyone should tell you every single thing about themselves just because you asked, other wise they're hiding something.

Seriously, just because I don't tell you my name, it doesn't mean that I'm hiding it. I just want some privacy.

Current LTT F@H Rank: 90    Score: 2,503,680,659    Stats

Yes, I have 9 monitors.

My main PC (Hybrid Windows 10/Arch Linux):

OS: Arch Linux w/ XFCE DE (VFIO-Patched Kernel) as host OS, windows 10 as guest

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X w/PBO on (6c 12t for host, 6c 12t for guest)

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Mobo: Asus X470-F Gaming

RAM: 32GB G-Skill Ripjaws V @ 3200MHz (12GB for host, 20GB for guest)

GPU: Guest: EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA Host: 2x Radeon HD 8470

PSU: EVGA G2 650W

SSDs: Guest: Samsung 850 evo 120 GB, Samsung 860 evo 1TB Host: Samsung 970 evo 500GB NVME

HDD: Guest: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Black w/ Tempered Glass Side Panel Upgrade

Other: White LED strip to illuminate the interior. Extra fractal intake fan for positive pressure.

unRAID server (Plex, Windows 10 VM, NAS, Duplicati, game servers):

CPU: Ryzen R7 2700x @ Stock

Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S

Mobo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

RAM: 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V + 16GB Hyperx Fury Black @ stock

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA G3 850W

SSD: Samsung 970 evo NVME 250GB, Samsung 860 evo SATA 1TB 

HDDs: 4x HGST Dekstar NAS 4TB @ 7200RPM (3 data, 1 parity)

Case: Sillverstone GD08B

Other: Added 3x Noctua NF-F12 intake, 2x Noctua NF-A8 exhaust, Inatek 5 port USB 3.0 expansion card with usb 3.0 front panel header

Details: 12GB ram, GTX 1080, USB card passed through to windows 10 VM. VM's OS drive is the SATA SSD. Rest of resources are for Plex, Duplicati, Spaghettidetective, Nextcloud, and game servers.

Sigh, none of this is anyone's business. 

If you really want a figure you can google it quickly enough.

16 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

So Linus is hiding something?

Also, by that logic, anyone should tell you every single thing about themselves just because you asked, other wise they're hiding something.

Seriously, just because I don't tell you my name, it doesn't mean that I'm hiding it. I just want some privacy.

No, linus isn't necessarily hiding anything, he just hasn't seen the thread. Or he doesn't want to tell us because he has no obligation to.

And no, that's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is specific to income, because the only reason not to share income is if you're hiding something. Income is usually pretty obvious. For example, linus dropped 25k on laptops, a similar amount on a friggin battery, and has almost 20 employees. He also has 3 kids, so it's obvious he makes a bunch of money. The specific number is meaningless, because we know he has a large worth, the only reason we want to know is curiosity.

So unless linus wants to hide his billion dollar company he's using to bankroll LMG, there's no reason not to share other than personal reasons. The number has no value.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:34 AM, Ryan_Vickers said:

All but the most public and wealthy people keep that information private for a variety of reasons.  He did do an episode on the % of money that comes from different places if you're interested, but I wouldn't expect him to disclose the exact amount for the company and much less for himself personally.

He could disclose the amount for his company as it is a corporate entity and as a "Customer" you are a stakeholder of Linus Media Group Inc.

You have the right to ask for his company's net worth. Whether he discloses it or not is another thing entirely.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

He could disclose the amount for his company as it is a corporate entity and as a "Customer" you are a stakeholder of Linus Media Group Inc.

You have the right to ask for his company's net worth. Whether he discloses it or not is another thing entirely.

When it comes to things like this though, there's a difference between publicly traded companies and privately owned companies, and also a difference between your average joe on the street, and someone who actually is a stakeholder, like for example, someone who owns shares, or a portion of the company, etc.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 1/21/2017 at 9:46 PM, Princess Cadence said:

Those are public figures, nobody is supposed to go around shouting their income.

I'd say that a man who life is to be plastered on the screen of millions of people around the world is a highly public figure. His job is to present information to the public. 

3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

When it comes to things like this though, there's a difference between publicly traded companies and privately owned companies, and also a difference between your average joe on the street, and someone who actually is a stakeholder, like for example, someone who owns shares, or a portion of the company, etc.

Customers are also stakeholders. If you watch LTT videos then you could be considered a stakeholder because you are a customer of LinusMediaGroup.

You are also a stakeholder because you are a moderators on the LTT forums which is owned and partially managed by LMG.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Customers are also stakeholders. If you watch LTT videos then you could be considered a stakeholder because you are a customer of LinusMediaGroup.

You are also a stakeholder because you are a moderators on the LTT forums which is owned and partially managed by LMG.

Well I don't have any burning desire to know those things :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 1/21/2017 at 4:36 PM, H0R53 said:

Having a discussion with my significant other about Linus as a show host, just mentioned he got a vasectomy (watching the WAN show right now) and she has no idea who he is. How much is Linus' net worth (all assets included, property, revenue from YouTube and other sites, compensation from sponsors, etc). Like what does he put on his tax forms lmao.

The office and company assets would be in excess of a million USD, revenuve from youtube is about enough to pay for a full employment year of 1 employee, advert deals are probably in the thousands each video, LMG probably makes 500,000+ USD gross each year. 

Yours faithfully

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Viewers and mods have no stake in LMG. If LMG closed up shop tomorrow it would have 0 impact on the finances of viewers and moderators (except maybe a positive one for those of us spending money on them).

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

Viewers and mods have no stake in LMG. If LMG closed up shop tomorrow it would have 0 impact on the finances of viewers and moderators.

yes but they are technically considered Stakeholders.

Seriously, I study Business. I would know lol.

yes but they are technically considered Stakeholders.

Seriously, I study Business. I would know lol.

What financial stake do they have in the company?

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

What financial stake do they have in the company?

You're mistaking Stakeholder with Shareholder.

Shareholders have a financial stake in the company.

Stakeholders don't have to have a financial stake in the company. The Canadian government is a stakeholder of Linus Media Group. They want Linus Media Group to succeed because they benefit from that. Does that mean that the government owns shares in Linus Media Group? No absolutely not.

You're mistaking Stakeholder with Shareholder.

Shareholders have a financial stake in the company.

Stakeholder don't have to. The Canadian government is a stakeholder of Linus Media Group. They want Linus Media Group to succeed because they benefit from that. Does that mean that the government owns shares in Linus Media Group? No absolutely not.

That makes more sense, I still don't see how viewers have any stake in the company though.

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

That makes more sense, I still don't see how viewers have any stake in the company though.

Viewers are effectively customers of Linus Media Group. Therefore they want Linus Tech Tips (and by extension, Linus Media Group) to succeed. They benefit from it's existence.

In fear of total derailment and harassment for going off topic.

Here in Norway everyone are able to check other peoples income and tax. It used to be fully open so that people chould peak anonymously but now its logged who has checked your info.

Personally I dont care if people know how much I make but I am not going around shouting it on the street. If these kind of records isnt publicly available in Canada it's totally up to Linus if he wants do disclose this information.

11 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah, about same amount of right as you have to ask local grocery store how much they make. Or ask owner of that store what they make. We are buying (FPC members only, though) service. Those who watch YT or contribute through forums only support service. So general viewers have even less need to ask such thing. Furthermore, we can only ask about what LMG makes, and that part Linus has told in FAQ videos. But none here has any reason to ask what each employee or Linus himself makes per year. If state/nation doesn't publish those details, they are to remain private for private persons.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

being fourth generation in a family of what was once "factory owners" and now is called "small company owners" i might have something worthy to chime in here: (and in case if that confuses anyone, "first generation" would be the people who started the company ~80 years ago)

linus is probably in a quite comfortable position compared to the average person of his age and family situation, but you better believe both he, and his wife work their ass off to be in that situation (and the LMG employees for that matter). having your own company is a labour of passion, or you give up. having your own company, your "net worth" is kind of a false picture compared to *the average person* because that what is under your "net worth" is as much insurance for when things go downhill as it is actual assets.

beyond that, all that you need to know is that linus isnt about to go beg on the streets to make ends meet at the end of the month, but he's quite certainly also quite a bit removed from an actual lambo.