What new parts for my brothers pc?

Hey lads,

about 4 months ago my brother (11) recieved my old pc. Now he would like to upgrade it a bit for more performance..... im not sure what i should do because his CPU and GPU arent the best anymore, and he loves saubnautica but mostly gets hardly playable frames on low. The specs now:

CPU
AMD FX-4300 oc @ 4,6 Ghz stable

Cooler

Alpenföhn Brocken
RAM
8.00GB Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (i think 1 stick has an error)
Motherboard
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 
GPU
2048MB MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850 oc @ 975clock, 1020 memory
Storage
250GB Crucial SSD
1500GB Seagate something

600 watt Corsair CX

shitty sharkoon case and a random samsung 60hz 1080p monitor which isnt bad

for about 100-200 Euros, what would you guys buy to upgrade this old pc a bit?

2 minutes ago, Tauwer said:

rx 460 and cpu  AMD Athlon X4 860K Boxed not sure

quick guess 

x4 performs around the same as a 4300, so there would be no reason to change those two parts out. Also I'm pretty sure they're different sockets so he'd have to get a mb for 0 improvement

1 minute ago, Wolther said:

x4 performs around the same as a 4300, so there would be no reason to change those two parts out. Also I'm pretty sure they're different sockets so he'd have to get a mb for 0 improvement

yeah realised that within a min of posting that too *facepalm*

and i checked some benchmarks and the 460 doesn't perfom way better than the cpu that he allready has

I wouldn't do anything, it's a good balance of a system as it is. I'd just save up for a bigger scale upgrade.

"Rawr XD"

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

I wouldn't do anything, it's a good balance of a system as it is. I'd just save up for a bigger scale upgrade.

yeah this is very true, because if you want a better cpu you need a new mobo for sure because in the am3+ there is not any better cpu 

HD 7850 performs like a 460 if I remember correctly. So it's just kinda like. Yeah, I'd improve the GPU, which case probably an rx 480. Then save up later to buy a CPU, which Ryzen is coming out before March

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

yeah this is very true, because if you want a better cpu you need a new mobo for sure because in the am3+ there is not any better cpu 

Yes there is, something like the 8320 would still be a very worthwhile upgrade especially if he wants to try some AAA gaming later on. It's just that if you upgrade one (CPU or GPU) without other other, you'll run into a bottleneck. Better to just switch out both at the same time.

"Rawr XD"

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

Yes there is, something like the 8320 would still be a very worthwhile upgrade especially if he wants to try some AAA gaming later on. It's just that if you upgrade one (CPU or GPU) without other other, you'll run into a bottleneck. Better to just switch out both at the same time.

srry i was looking in to quad cores

I'd make him earn a new system by doing more things around to help out since the platform itself is kinda dead. At that age I did odd jobs to save for a Gameboy Color and didn't have a PC till highschool and that was a cheap AF HP prebuilt.  Your brother is lucky to even have a custom rig at 11 as a freebie. 

1 minute ago, Matias_Chambers said:

The Athlon wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

pls read other comment b4 posting this cuzz i said twice that i was off

32 minutes ago, Radiant said:

Hey lads,

about 4 months ago my brother (11) recieved my old pc. Now he would like to upgrade it a bit for more performance..... im not sure what i should do because his CPU and GPU arent the best anymore, and he loves saubnautica but mostly gets hardly playable frames on low. The specs now:

CPU
AMD FX-4300 oc @ 4,6 Ghz stable

Cooler

Alpenföhn Brocken
RAM
8.00GB Corsair Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (i think 1 stick has an error)
Motherboard
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 
GPU
2048MB MSI AMD Radeon HD 7850 oc @ 975clock, 1020 memory
Storage
250GB Crucial SSD
1500GB Seagate something

600 watt Corsair CX

shitty sharkoon case and a random samsung 60hz 1080p monitor which isnt bad

for about 100-200 Euros, what would you guys buy to upgrade this old pc a bit?

I would just stick in a GTX 1060/RX 480/RX 470. The CPU will bottleneck depending on the game. 

56 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

I'd make him earn a new system by doing more things around to help out since the platform itself is kinda dead. At that age I did odd jobs to save for a Gameboy Color and didn't have a PC till highschool and that was a cheap AF HP prebuilt.  Your brother is lucky to even have a custom rig at 11 as a freebie. 

yeah hes quite lucky, if i would not have built my op system he wouldnt have gotten anything electronic in the next 2 years

38 minutes ago, Radiant said:

yeah hes quite lucky, if i would not have built my op system he wouldnt have gotten anything electronic in the next 2 years

When I was his age I was playing WOW on an laptop with an igpu @ 15-20 fps lol. Any boss raid brought my system down to a good 3 fps