Favourite Linux Distro

i'd put arch on everything if i could be bothered, but i cant really get myself to fork out the time, so it's usually something in the *buntu tree depending on which window manager i want.

Protip: there have been many threads like these before, you can find most with this search.

As to your question: right now, I'm a big fan of Arch Linux. Running it as a daily driver and as the OS for my servers. Used to be big on Debian, but I've fallen out of love with it since using it in a professional work environment. The packaging isn't ideal.

Hana Montana Linux is my favourite Linux meme. It is based on my preferred distribution

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 minutes ago, MG2R said:

Protip: there have been many threads like these before, you can find most with this search.

As to your question: right now, I'm a big fan of Arch Linux. Running it as a daily driver and as the OS for my servers. Used to be big on Debian, but I've fallen out of love with it since using it in a professional work environment. The packaging isn't ideal.

I did the opposite. Used arch at uni then switched to Debian when started working

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

hi sorry MG2R i did have a look before i posted but most the other posts looked few months old and was just curious for the start of 2017 what peoples favourite would be.  

i like Arch it looks good i havnt used it to much i have spent more time on Ubuntu, though i just started using OpenSUSE and dont mind it so only time will tell i guess.

2 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

I did the opposite. Used arch at uni then switched to Debian when started working

At work, depending on my assignment it's either Debian or RHEL. I've had some packaging/versioning nightmares with Debian, though.

I really like Fedora, mainly for the package manager that it uses by default and that it doesn't contain nearly as much bloatware as say Ubuntu.

I do believe in a god: Libertina, the goddess of the sea, apple pie, certain types of ice cream and short bits of string.

On 21/01/2017 at 11:09 AM, manikyath said:

i'd put arch on everything if i could be bothered, but i cant really get myself to fork out the time, so it's usually something in the *buntu tree depending on which window manager i want.

Agree with this I don't have the time to go messing about. Debian has a horrible installer. *buntu base distros tend to be super user-friendly. It also doesn't really matter which "distro" you pick as the looks is almost totally defined by the desktop environment which you can change at any time. installed mint but like the look of ubuntu install unity.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Mine is Arch with Cinnamon, love it and my go to when distro. I also have it installed on a USB and use it as my troubleshooting stick when working on client PCs.