Thermaltake Core P3 extra cooling?

hoaxy32

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, I have a Core P3 and noticed over the short while since I've had it the VRM heatsinks get extremely hot on my Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z (Not OC'd in any way). I understand its because of the lack of airflow and wondered if there are any recommendations of an positional cooling fan I could get to add air movement. Something simular you would get with an open test bench setup?

Thanks in advanced

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

What cooler are you using? A downdraft cooler would help cool the motherboard better if you aren't using one already.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I'm currently using a H100i so absolutely no cooling around the socket at all.

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700 @ 3.9 | MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: Vengeance RGB @ 3200 | HDD: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb nVME M.2 | GPU: Powercolor 5700XT | CASE: Corsair Crystal X570 | PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower RGB 750W | CPU COOLING: Full Custom EKWB CPU Water Loop | OS: Windows 10 Pro

Seeing that case if more for showcasing than actual use (even testbenches use targeted fans), I don't see much options for adding cooling. You can ghetto mount fans to blow over VRM heatspreaders, but that won't look pretty.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yeah I'm on the same page as you, don't want to spoil the aesthetics. I guess when I do my upgrades go with a board with a waterblock on the VRM and water cool everything?

Thanks for the link that looks like it could do the trick. The P3 is a great case to look at once its all put together with components etc but it does take a while just getting all the brackets and cables in the right place. But other than that I would absolutely recommend it :)

2 hours ago, hoaxy32 said:

Thanks for the link that looks like it could do the trick. The P3 is a great case to look at once its all put together with components etc but it does take a while just getting all the brackets and cables in the right place. But other than that I would absolutely recommend it :)

Nice thanks, looking at it for my upgrade.