Youtube broke comment notifications

JoeCoke

Usually I'd go on a huge rant and get and pissed, but I've just run out of rage. I just feel empty, it doesn't surprise me any more. So, those of you that have a Youtube channel or comment frequently will probably know what I'm talking about. Used to If you got new comments/replies it would notify you, you'd click the bell and all the new comments would be neatly grouped and you could read comments and reply to them all from that little window. Now? Every one of those features are gone. Now you have to go to the video to read or reply, and there is no comment grouping.

I'll let this GIF do the talking. All I did was make one comment in reply to another popular comment on a video, and I got all this garbage in my notifications window. NONE OF THESE COMMENTS ARE EVEN ADDRESSED TO ME! WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY NOTIFICATIONS????!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/AJGnY21.mp4

Soo.... I'm just gonna quit using Youtube comments all together. I can't use this, it's completely broken. Now if someone comments on a video of mine or replies to a comment I made, there's a huge chance I'll never even see it because of how crowded the notifications are. Am I the only one who noticed this "update"?

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I've disabled notifications on my comments altogether. The notification system is rubbish, and it's rare to find a comments section that isn't a cesspit anyway.

There's a weird disconnect between relaxing with mindless videos while being bombarded with alerts that people are hurling insults at eachother over a fucking CPU or something, or about two practically identical consoles.

7 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

I've disabled notifications on my comments altogether. The notification system is rubbish, and it's rare to find a comments section that isn't a cesspit anyway.

There's a weird disconnect between relaxing with mindless videos while being bombarded with alerts that people are hurling insults at eachother over a fucking CPU or something, or about two practically identical consoles.

There are lots of idiots in the comments sections, but you're going to have that problem anywhere on the internet. I have had many enjoyable conversations/debates on Youtube and I'm gonna miss that. Also, even that aside, I'd like to know when someone comments on one of my videos. So this new system is garbage, the old one was nearly perfect from my perspective.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

There are lots of idiots in the comments sections, but you're going to have that problem anywhere on the internet. I have had many enjoyable conversations/debates on Youtube and I'm gonna miss that. Also, even that aside, I'd like to know when someone comments on one of my videos. So this new system is garbage, the old one was nearly perfect from my perspective.

You know they still show up in Gplus, right?

not as convenient

1 hour ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

You know they still show up in Gplus, right?

not as convenient

Pshhhh... Who actually goes to Google+?

3 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Pshhhh... Who actually goes to Google+?

Google plus is great.

certainly better than Facebook or Twitter and integration of it and YouTube was amazing.

used to be you made a comment and it would show up in your Gplus feed.

7 hours ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

Google plus is great.

certainly better than Facebook or Twitter and integration of it and YouTube was amazing.

used to be you made a comment and it would show up in your Gplus feed.

I tried Google+ and personally did not like it at all. And besides, nobody uses it so it's pointless.

It's even worse for me.  First, they broke the ability to reply to comments in that popup window, and in the past few days, when I click on a comment to reply to in notifications I get sent to the video where the screen is totally dark (but audio is still playing), no comments are loaded, and these words are where the video should be showing:

This video is unavailable.

This occurs on my laptop and desktop in chrome.  Totally broken now.  That no one else is complaining about this suggests google broke this only for me.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...