How good is the Be Quiet Dark Rock 3

MekaStrix

Currently running the Dark Rock 3 on 4770k delidded with CLU & GC-Extreme between the ihs and cooler, bf1 uses 50-100% of all cores (mostly 100) and with bit more agressive fancurve from bios, it still keeps it relatively cool at about 75c when playing for hour or two while having heavily oc'd open air cooled 780 pushing the heat inside, silent  enough to not be heard in idle(inaudible) or when gaming over the gpu fans/ case fans.

It's not for extreme oc's but for more modest oc's, (imo) good looks and silence. 

IMO if you find it for a good price, it's worth it if you like the looks. 3 Pro/D14&15 are more like performance options if you are looking to more extreme oc's on air (also thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is good choise, couple of degrees here and there, and possibly lower noise)

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

-The NH-D15 doesn't outperform the x62. http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nzxt_kraken_62_review,11.html

The x62 also easily beats the DR3 in cooling.

-They're not in the same tier. The DR3 is supposed to be a comepetitor to the NH-U14S but lands closer to the NH-U12S in performance. A better competitor to the NH-D15 would be the DRP3. 

-I stand corrected there

-I was actually looking at DRP3 benchmarks when i made that judgment, so yes a DRP3 would be the alternative for the NH-D15

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

9 hours ago, EbinNator2044 said:

Currently running the Dark Rock 3 on 4770k delidded with CLU & GC-Extreme between the ihs and cooler, bf1 uses 50-100% of all cores (mostly 100) and with bit more agressive fancurve from bios, it still keeps it relatively cool at about 75c when playing for hour or two while having heavily oc'd open air cooled 780 pushing the heat inside, silent  enough to not be heard in idle(inaudible) or when gaming over the gpu fans/ case fans.

It's not for extreme oc's but for more modest oc's, (imo) good looks and silence. 

IMO if you find it for a good price, it's worth it if you like the looks. 3 Pro/D14&15 are more like performance options if you are looking to more extreme oc's on air (also thermalright Le Grand Macho RT is good choise, couple of degrees here and there, and possibly lower noise)

100% in BF1? I don't own that game but am now interested if that is a cpu limitation or if that would be the same with any cpu does that game just use all the resources it can?

2 hours ago, MekaStrix said:

100% in BF1? I don't own that game but am now interested if that is a cpu limitation or if that would be the same with any cpu does that game just use all the resources it can?

More or less the game just taking up as much as it can from cpu, I have couple of friends with x99 broadwell builds with 6-core cpu's clocked pretty high, and only then the usage doesn't jump up to 100%.

It's not a cpu limitation imo, gpu usage is still 99/100%. Bf1 is more dependant of vram, it like maxes out my vram with high settings without AA or SSAO/HBAO. 

But on a side note, my other friend couldn't play bf1 for months because nvidia was lazy and didn't fix the issues with gtx 770/680's crashing constantly in bf1 (up until 376.60 uploaded to guru3d) but now he runs the game fine with i5-4460 and msi 770 2gb, also one another friend plays with mobile i7 and 860m (terrible price to perf.) on low and still gets occasional framedrops or stutters... 

s t u f f

Spoiler

i7-5960x | 32Gb 2400Mhz | Titan Xp | Define R6 | Custom Loop