Is my phone battery degrading?

My phone battery seems to have been getting worse and worse performance (droid turbo) like when I get home after school I gotta charge it again, I used to get home with like 50-70 percent, now its 10-40, do you guys think it's degradation or an app? I don't think it's an app cause there is none in my battery manager that are taking up a lot. I can buy a new battery for about 12 bucks off ebay and replace it (nonreplaceable, but looks fairly easy) I would just like to see what you guys think before I spend 12 bucks on it. I have been fast charging it every night though, idk why I'm an idiot I should've been using the nonfast but you live you learn.

How long have you been using it?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

How long have you been using it?

About 6 months.

3 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

My phone battery seems to have been getting worse and worse performance (droid turbo) like when I get home after school I gotta charge it again, I used to get home with like 50-70 percent, now its 10-40, do you guys think it's degradation or an app? I don't think it's an app cause there is none in my battery manager that are taking up a lot. I can buy a new battery for about 12 bucks off ebay and replace it (nonreplaceable, but looks fairly easy) I would just like to see what you guys think before I spend 12 bucks on it. I have been fast charging it every night though, idk why I'm an idiot I should've been using the nonfast but you live you learn.

Every battery degrades so simple answer is yes your battery is degrading but how far it's degraded and if that's the issue depends on how many apps are sipping your energy away

Probably degrading.  Lithium batteries are only meant to handle so many recharges.  After so long they don't hold their charge because of the degrading cells 

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That is not too long tbh. There is this app that seems to tell you more info about your phone regarding batteries

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en

Yea but I have fast charged it every night and alot of days, so I think it would be equal to like 1 year even though I've only used it for 6.

6 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

That is not too long tbh. There is this app that seems to tell you more info about your phone regarding batteries

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EQ40-BATTERY-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-FR-MOTOROLA-XT1254-DROID-TURBO-VERIZON-/271956981492?hash=item3f51e636f4:g:vxgAAOSw~gRVzUSS Do you think this is a good one? It's nice that it comes with a screen protector but I may need the tools so I may get a different one on ebay that comes with the tools to replace it, what would you recfommend? Does it use special screws or is a tiny philips/flat head good enough?

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

Don't buy moto g, battery sucks new.

??? wtf does that gotta do with anything lol.

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

??? wtf does that gotta do with anything lol.

idk xD sorry

The geek himself.

12 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I owned the Turbo for more than two years and what you're describing is not normal. I'd back everything up and do a factory reset, there might be something sapping your battery that is not an app but perhaps a background process or something gone rogue. I did have days where what you described occurred to me and I simply did a reset and it solved the issue. If it persists file a claim with the manufacturer and get a new one. Lithium ain't the greatest but it sure as hell lasts longer than six months.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

idk xD sorry

Lol 

Phone batteries will degrade as you consume charge cycles over time. Constant heat and rapid battery drain can also cause cycles to be consumed more quickly. However your phone is still relatively new, so maybe do a factory reset and see it the issue persists. 

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-EQ40-BATTERY-SCREEN-PROTECTOR-FR-MOTOROLA-XT1254-DROID-TURBO-VERIZON-/271956981492?hash=item3f51e636f4:g:vxgAAOSw~gRVzUSS Do you think this is a good one? It's nice that it comes with a screen protector but I may need the tools so I may get a different one on ebay that comes with the tools to replace it, what would you recfommend? Does it use special screws or is a tiny philips/flat head good enough?

You'll have to look up a guide on dissembling your phone. maybe youtube 

of course you'll need some tools. perhaps iFixit tools LTT constantly has ads about.. 

true but joking answer: yes, since the battery was manufactured

actual answer: it depends on how the power is managed by the device and since you say you plug it in every night, i can't think of what would cause it other than software updates and bad power management.

here's the rate of degradation of a lithium ion battery based upon charging cycles. generally speaking though the life span of a Li-ion battery is 3 years give or take a few months.

29 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Very simple question..

Have you been using it more recently?

I use it alot. And I'd say less now that I have school, but idk