NEW Mobo: NEW Windows?? Need some Help=)

I just recently got a new motherboard (Asus Sabertooth Tuff R3.0 AM3+) to replace my broken one. And from hearing other peoples experiences when switching mobo's, that you might have some issues with your os, and that you would have to purchase another copy of Windows OS because Windows only allows one product key for each motherboard system. So when i installed my new mobo, automatically there is this little permanent message on the the bottom right of my desktop saying "Activate Windows, go to settings to activate Windows." But wasent surprised when i tried to activate my Windows in settings that it couldn't let me activate because the product key is already being used (which is true because i used it on my previous mobo that i replaced) But the funny thing is that its still allowing me to operate in my Windows 10 but the message on my screen telling me to Activate windows wont go away. Even when im playing games or other tasks this message is always there. For me that's not really a big issue but is kind of annoying. But this one bigger issue i really need to work is that I cannot utilize my UEFI/BIOS. IDK if this has to do with needing to Purchase a new copy of Windows product key, and if it does have to do with it, i would most def' buy a new copy of Windows 10 (Really sucks, but if this is normal and this happens i have no choice) Now the system is letting me enter my Bios, but i cant do anything at all! Cant use my keyboard to navigate around, and cant use my mouse because there is no dam cursor! Im just able to see the main screen of my Bios. And this all happened after installing my new mobo. Has anyone experienced this before?? Does not activating your windows product key effect your access to your Bios?? Why am i still able to use this copy of Windows when theres a permanent message telling me to "activate windows"? Is my only option to just purchase another copy of Windows 10?

May Your System be Silent, and your Frames the Most Violent

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:                                                              

CPU: i7-8086K (5.1Gh/1.3V)  (Delided) Rocket Cool Copper Ihs Cover upgrade W/Liq'metal.

MOBO: Asus Maximus X-Formula Z370

CASE:  Corsair 570X

GPU: Asus Strix/oc1080Ti

PSU: Corsair HX-1000 80+Platinum

RAM: Corsair Vengeance/RGB 32Gb @ 3200mhz (XMP)

SSD: Boot:Samsung 960EVO/M.2 500Gb Storage:Samsung 860EVO/250Gb

COOLING: Ekwb Predator 360 Aio (Modified: Primo-Chill Soft Tube. Ek fittings 10mm/13mm, Xspc EC6 Coolant, EK Supremacy EVO/Nikel-Block)

ISP: SPECTRUM(TWC): 118Mbps/Download 11Mbps/Upload 56ms/Ping

Peripherals: Corsair K95/Platinum Steel-Series RIVAL 600

Monitor: Asus Strix/XG31VQ 1440P/144Hz

Click activate - then click the help botton. It should start a live chat with Microsoft support. You can then explain that you upgraded the motherboard and they will activate windows for you. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

6 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Click activate - then click the help botton. It should start a live chat with Microsoft support. You can then explain that you upgraded the motherboard and they will activate windows for you. 

Does that really work? How do they know that you aren't just lying?

I had to call microsoft once and deal with them for 3 hours explaining i replaced my motherboard.. Got it done eventually tho..

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

The reason why this happens is because your license for Windows 10 is tied to hardware IDs generated by the parts of your system. so what this means is that if you change enough parts or enough key parts of the system the licensing considers your machine an new computer and would have to go through this processs

10 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

I had to call microsoft once and deal with them for 3 hours explaining i replaced my motherboard.. Got it done eventually tho..

This is why I use activators and haven't dropped dosh since Win7. Until MS can stop that crap, they aren't getting a dime for OS lol. 

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

This is why I use activators and haven't dropped dosh since Win7. Until MS can stop that crap, they aren't getting a dime for OS lol. 

Activators? Could I get you to explain? in this context that is.

Thanks everyone. But about my Bios, i said that i wasent able to utilize my Bios. That i was able to go into my bios settings, but cant do anything. Cant use my keyboard or my mouse (No Cursor) to navigate through my bios. Is this because of my Windows activation issue?

CPU: i7-8086K (5.1Gh/1.3V)  (Delided) Rocket Cool Copper Ihs Cover upgrade W/Liq'metal.

COOLING: Ekwb Predator 360 Aio (Modified: Primo-Chill Soft Tube. Ek fittings 10mm/13mm, Xspc EC6 Coolant, EK Supremacy EVO/Nikel-Block)

9 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

*pulls out hook and eye patch*

1 minute ago, Cazual-T said:

Thanks everyone. But about my Bios, i said that i wasent able to utilize my Bios. That i was able to go into my bios settings, but cant do anything. Cant use my keyboard or my mouse (No Cursor) to navigate through my bios. Is this because of my Windows activation issue?

this would most likely requires a BIOS update, not necessarily because of Win10

1 minute ago, Cazual-T said:

BIOS layer can be accessed even without a drive in. This is not a Windows issue, however, if for some reason you don't trust a random guy behind a computer screen, pull your drive and try to access your BIOS/UEFI from there.

4 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

What it sounds like. Need Windows to activate? Run some software and it's activated. I may eventually get like a cheap $30 key in the future to be more legit in the future whenever I reinstall Windows again. 

1 minute ago, Mooshi said:

What it sounds like. Need Windows to activate? Run some software and it's activated. I may eventually get like a cheap $30 key in the future to be more legit in the future whenever I reinstall Windows again. 

Well I knew about a windows 7 activation software that would activate your key. I would then upgrade to Windows 10. At that point, my motherboard was tied to the Windows OS. I could do a clean install because we all know that the upgrade process was troublesome at best. I wasn't aware that there was one for windows 10. Does it work the same way as I described? Or is it just per Installation?

5 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

Well I knew about a windows 7 activation software that would activate your key. I would then upgrade to Windows 10. At that point, my motherboard was tied to the Windows OS. I could do a clean install because we all know that the upgrade process was troublesome at best. I wasn't aware that there was one for windows 10. Does it work the same way as I described? Or is it just per Installation?

Works the same as before. I ran Win7 legit and then had issues which required reinstallation--this lead to using a Win7 activator. Years later Win10 comes out and I did the free upgrade. 

Well, mobo died on me and you guessed it, "you need to activate Windows". Since I refused to pay $100 for a "freebie", I found an alternate solution. Have no idea where I got it from, but had to use it again last month and it still works. 

Note: The prev Win10 install was on old pc, the new one needed to be reactivated and it worked. 

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Works the same as before. I ran Win7 legit and then had issues which required reinstallation--this lead to using a Win7 activator. Years later Win10 comes out and I did the free upgrade. 

Well, mobo died on me and you guessed it, "you need to activate Windows". Since I refused to pay $100 for a "freebie", I found an alternate solution. Have no idea where I got it from, but had to use it again last month and it still works. 

Is it called Windows Loader?

12 minutes ago, Cazual-T said:

here's the support page for what i think your motherboard is based on your description. you'll just have to download the most recent BIOS version and then run it and after it's done see if that fixed any of your problems

2 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

Is it called Windows Loader?

Sounds about right. On phone away from PC atm. 

1 hour ago, Archeval said:

here's the support page for what i think your motherboard is based on your description. you'll just have to download the most recent BIOS version and then run it and after it's done see if that fixed any of your problems

hmm bios update? Im going to try that, thanks.

And Anybody..If i were to just purchase a new copy, should i just get windows 10 pro for $30 more? In general is pro 64bit os a little faster than the standard edition of Windows 10? Or is it just packed with more needless features? Meow.

1 hour ago, Undertaker225 said:

Does that really work? How do they know that you aren't just lying?

I've done it twice, they don't seem to care ether time. 

1 hour ago, Luc401 said:

I guess you got unlucky, both times I've done it it took like 30 min or less. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown