Reddit User shows AM3 VS AM4 mounting plates - Seems to be backwards compatible.

goodtofufriday

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/5p4goa/if_any_of_you_want_visual_proof_heres_my_ekwb_am4/

Source: http://imgur.com/gallery/mkG0H

EKWB AM4 mounting plate (black) Versus AM3 mounting plate (silver).

zsBAp8R.jpg

xPyzQaC.jpg

6FyY0YN.jpg

I think we will be able to mod out AM3 brackets rather easily.... interesting proposition. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I was already planning on modding the mounting plate for my Apogee XL, I just hope the threading is the same for the AM4 stock backplate as I need to reuse screws that fit the AM3 stock backplate.

Just 3mm in vertically and 3mm out horizontally for each screw

4 minutes ago, Humbug said:

confirmed

https://www.pcper.com/news/Cases-and-Cooling/Report-AMD-Socket-AM4-Compatible-Existing-AM2AM3-Coolers

even though it's a new socket they have ensured the cooler mounting mechanism is compatible

But that is only for coolers that use the clip mechanism. Coolers that screw into the backplate need new hardware.

Just to clarify to keep people from getting confused.

Well neat if so :)
May just reuse AiO then xD 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

5 hours ago, Dietrichw said:

But that is only for coolers that use the clip mechanism. Coolers that screw into the backplate need new hardware.

Just to clarify to keep people from getting confused.

just mod the cooler like i did... this is a Cryorig H7

QuonUjn.jpg

That's because EK made it specifically to be retrocompatible with the elongated screw holes. The mounting is a little different on the socket itself and more importantly, the AM3 block probably can't mount onto the AM4 platform. But yes, you can most certainly mod it - if you have a power drill that can extend those holes without destroying them. In the end most people will probably be better off buying a new mounting bracket if they want to carry over their block, which sucks because those things are waaaay more expensive on their own than they have any right to be.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

That's because EK made it specifically to be retrocompatible with the elongated screw holes. The mounting is a little different on the socket itself and more importantly, the AM3 block probably can't mount onto the AM4 platform. But yes, you can most certainly mod it - if you have a power drill that can extend those holes without destroying them. In the end most people will probably be better off buying a new mounting bracket if they want to carry over their block, which sucks because those things are waaaay more expensive on their own than they have any right to be.

Doesn't some companies give them to you for free? (Heard of that with Noctua)

9 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Doesn't some companies give them to you for free? (Heard of that with Noctua)

Yes, but that's down to the company.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

$14 for the bracket isn't too bad.

ncix price

From Wan show it almost seems like they are saying am3 holes are compatible with am4, not new bracket is good for am3 and am4.  Either they are confusing or confused.