THE DAY IS HERE! TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

n00bmlg
8 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

Mhm. I think he's done more for America before his presidency than 99% of people are giving him credit for. Do you really think he hasn't done anything, at all?

I didn't really want to get into our specific policy opinions, that's a deep, deep rabbit hole. I'll just say my opinion is that whatever he has done previously probably has very little to do with what he is able to do or will do once in government. I don't believe that being a good businessman has anything to do with being a good president, other than having campaign ads that literally write themselves in today's political climate.

Kinda surprised this hasn't been locked yet.

Lately the mods have been pretty quick to lock political threads, even before any forum rules are broken.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I never said Obama was good.  Read back then realize I hate them all. :D  Bush, daddy's lil oil puppet.  Do I need to list every little instigated Clinton conflict?  Point is, they're all crap.

Nope, he has failed businesses and let's bring up Trump U?  The latest he's being sued for?

So, a businessman is bad if, say, 1/100 of his investments flop. That's interesting. Investing is all about risk, if there was no risk, then there would be no reward. Simple. There are almost no 100% safe investments. If they are 100% safe then there is abysmal ROI. If people try to tell you business/investments should always be overwhelming successful have NO IDEA what the hell they are talking about. When you are dealing with massive amounts of currency the investment landscape changes dramatically, not that I know what it's like, but I can tell you it's not sitting around on the NYSE.

I think the Trump U thing is just something for anti-trump people to latch onto. In the light of Hillary Clinton, Trump University was a beautiful thing to highlight at the time in order to try to push a certain public opinion about Trump.  Maybe some it was actually warranted, maybe it was not, I'm still not interested. Either way, I'm glad you brought it up Trump U, because it actually doesn't exist as a talking point anymore. Trump settled the case November 18 :D

There are plenty of examples that highlight Trump's humanity and heart over the last 3 decades that lead me to completely disregard just about anything and everything negative about him from the last political season.

I understand you said you hate all politicians. I agree, me too. The key stickler here, though, is that Trump is not a politician :1

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

8 minutes ago, typographie said:

I didn't really want to get into our specific policy opinions, that's a deep, deep rabbit hole. I'll just say my opinion is that whatever he has done previously probably has very little to do with what he is able to do or will do once in government. I don't believe that being a good businessman has anything to do with being a good president, other than having campaign ads that literally write themselves in today's political climate.

The Trump movement has already affected global and national business. That is my point.

Being a good businessman is valuable, I think, because government has turned into a money hole. Public school for example, the trend is not looking good; spend more per student for less than desirable results. That's why that lady he wants to appoint isn't that bad, in my eyes, (even if she doesn't know what the fuck she is doing) people who 'knew that they were doing' haven't done anything notable to improve the quality of public education.

Our government was designed so that career politicians need not apply.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Pence is now VP, Trump is up momentarily.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Fun Fact: Secret Service had to take away Trump's cell phone before the inauguration. lol what. 

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Actually, he is a politician considering that he campaigned to get into office.  Secondly, I used 2 as examples.  But, I don't see any good in Trump just like I haven't seen good in any politician.  Trump has no military experience, he has no political experience, and his idea of getting things paid for his yelling at every other country to pay for his things.  So, he doesn't seem to be economically responsible for an entire country.  That's 0/3 good things about him.  Obama at least had political experience yet was terrible at keeping his promises.  You can have all the hope you want for him, but not supporting him doesn't make others ignorant they just don't conform to your ideology.

He went to military school and he values our armed forces. That is enough for me. He has more political experience than most billionaires, so that's good enough for me. He understands leverage, not yelling at people to pay for his stuff. Believe what you want though...

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Well, it's done. Trump is officially the POTUS.

5 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

Fun Fact: Secret Service had to take away Trump's cell phone before the inauguration. lol what. 

Happens with all new presidents. For secure communication and all that. 

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Well, it's done. Trump is officially the POTUS.

Happens with all new presidents. For secure communication and all that. 

Imagine all president elects during the ceremony texting everyone. lol 

I'm still waiting for Trump to do something before coming to judge him.

Trump says something stupid, cocky or controversial = water is wet.  He's that neighborhood kid that always has to have the last word, regardless of whether he's right or wrong.  Getting spun up over that, to me, makes you a bit of a kook.

Talk is cheap.  Political talk is really cheap; practically worthless.

He's going to have to propose the necessary changes, and there are a lot of those, and have the support to pass the required legislation.  Pissing people off won't accomplish that.  So we'll see how he acts as president versus being the constant ass he tends to be.

Among those changes/issues that he's going to have to address:

• A $20 Trillion debt that's growing daily.  Everything else pales in comparison to this.  If the USA does not fix this, it's just a matter of time before there's a financial collapse.  Can't predict when that will happen, but it will happen if it's not addressed.  Only thing propping the US is the fact the Dollar is used as a reserve currency and no other country has really step up to replace it - although many are trying; China the hardest.
  • Healthcare reform that's fair, effective, and doesn't leave people out in the cold.  Government single payer isn't the solution, neither is the 50s style insurance model, both of which drive medical costs up.  This one isn't easy and is not a one step fix.  They'll need to kill the obviously stupid parts of the current law, and come up better ideas.
  • End of USA as World Police.
  • Significant reductions in regulations that only tend to serve corporate interests and the special interest groups at the expense of the country and everyday Americans.  You could easily reinvigorate the US economy, and in the process the World economy, by tackling the mountain of regulations.  Regulations are where crony capitalists (actually corporatists) have their teeth into government.
  • Congressional backbone to reel in the expansive authority of the various agencies and administrations they've set up with practically carte blanche power to issue one regulation after another (actually thousands of regulations after another) that exceed the original purpose and powers established by the Legislature.  It's one thing to provide the ability for an agency to have some flexibility within the scope of their power as provided by the legislature, and something quite different when they exceed that scope and start legislating anew (a power reserved to Congress).  If this doesn't get fixed, then you're back in 4 years essentially fixing the regulation mess again, and frankly the opportunity to fix regulations does not come very often given the nature of the politicians in office.

So after the parties are over tonight, the real Trump Presidency will have to begin.  We'll see.

6 minutes ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

They replaced it.  As POTUS he has to have an approved cell phone.  They did the same for Obama back in 2009.  But it is kind of funny to think of how long Trump might have been without Twitter.

He's just talking utter bollocks right now tbh

My favorite picture of Trump that I found online this will for sure set some people off but I just find this funny

160308fpmccoy8734532869_t755_h41b3d511237b7c6ace617bd1c3ccead2f83c7b6f.jpg

It'll be interesting to see what happens during his term. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, n00bmlg said:

IT'S HAPPENED!!!!!!

What a specch. I hope the world heard it.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

BREAKING NEWS!

Flood Warnings issued for all of California and New York, liberal tears are flooding major cities! Seek high ground immediately!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

1 hour ago, DutchTexan said:

There are millions of people just like me who stayed awake passed 3am just to hear them FINALLY call the race for Donald John Trump and then left for work 3 hours later. 

I was a part of that group :D

Emphasis on the job part. Came to work tired as hell but full of high energy

8 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I was a part of that group :D

Emphasis on the job part. Came to work tired as hell but full of high energy

I was too! I literally slept for like an hour or so.

HIGH ENERGY all day at work.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

In the UK we are happy that he got elected cos of Brexit. He has promised us a swift trade deal.  If Hilary got in, we would have been screwed

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

30 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

In the UK we are happy that he got elected cos of Brexit. He has promised us a swift trade deal.  If Hilary got in, we would have been screwed

Given how long Brexit is likely to take it is the next resident of the White house that will count, not this one.

My primary concern with Trump is that he'll start trade wars, crash the global economy (when we still haven't recovered from the last time), and then we'll all be in the shit. The US, China, EU, UK whether in the EU or not at that point, all of us fucked.    

1 hour ago, asim1999 said:

In the UK we are happy that he got elected

Are we now? ?

Cu1SQASWgAApAZe.jpg