Questiong to the pro IT people

Rotterdams

Is there a way to enter a client pc without them knowing? Being able to enter in their CMD ?

In this situation we are in the same network and I am admin.

Why do I need this? Because I dont want to keep calling people and ask them to open a remote session which takes alot of times. I want to be able to do alot without calling people.

And I dont want to install any external programs. It must be within Windows.

And I dont want to ask people for their passwords. Its a policy.

I am very nooby but what I tried so far: \\pcname\c$ and browse from there to cmd launcher, but it opens my local cmd.

Or am I able to enter trough my own cmd somehow?

5 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Is there a way to enter a client pc without them knowing? Being able to enter in their CMD ?

Why do I need this? Because I dont want to keep calling people and ask them to open a remote session which takes alot of times. I want to be able to do alot without calling people.

I am very nooby but what I tried so far: \\pcname\c$ and browse from there to cmd launcher, but it opens my local cmd.

If i am not Mistaken accessing anyone's pc remotely without the approval is usually against company policies or is illegal. 

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

5 minutes ago, deansmylie1993 said:

If i am not Mistaken accessing anyone's pc remotely without the approval is usually against company policies or is illegal. 

Well I am admin. Without admin rights it wont be even possible.

Are you on a domain? Because the solution is quite simple assuming that you have administrative access.

2 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

Well I am admin. Without admin rights it wont be even possible.

I know you CAN, but I'm not fluent in ultra-nerd technobabble enough to properly do the things. >.>;

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

26 minutes ago, Rotterdams said:

In my experience, everywhere I've been, you still need permission from the user to remote into the computer while they are logged in. Yes, I get it, its a company PC and you should be able to do everything you want... However, it can be seen as extremely disrespectful and even disruptive to work. You should look at your companies policy before continuing to make sure you aren't violating any net policies.

Again, not an issue of privacy, its a company network. It's an issue of not disrupting workflow and basic etiquette.

58 minutes ago, Undertaker225 said:

Are you on a domain? Because the solution is quite simple assuming that you have administrative access.

All machines are in the same domain.

48 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

In my experience, everywhere I've been, you still need permission from the user to remote into the computer while they are logged in. Yes, I get it, its a company PC and you should be able to do everything you want... However, it can be seen as extremely disrespectful and even disruptive to work. You should look at your companies policy before continuing to make sure you aren't violating any net policies.

Again, not an issue of privacy, its a company network. It's an issue of not disrupting workflow and basic etiquette.

Well I can easly enter pc with \\computername\c$ so thats also something bad then ?

Well, you should have admin access through RDP. If your account has adequate privileges then, especially when the machine is not logged in but not exclusive to that scenario, you should be able to log into someone's computer without their explicit permission. This is under the assumption that your admin account is placed within the proper permissions group.

1 minute ago, Rotterdams said:

Well I can easly enter pc with \\computername\c$ so thats also something bad then ?

Where are you entering that into? Are you viewing their file directories? Or is that the naming scheme you've given computers which you are using through RDP?

If you have a windows based domain and are a domain administrator, you can use PowerShell remoting.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

53 minutes ago, Falconevo said:

If you have a windows based domain and are a domain administrator, you can use PowerShell remoting.

I need the commands

4 hours ago, Rotterdams said:

yes there is UNC paths you can use \\computername\C$\folder\folder and browse their PC to your hearts content. you can also use a VTC program like LogMeIn/TeamViewer/LANDesk generally they let the end user know that there is someone there but you can change the settings to not notify them but they all have to have the client installed and costs $$ but in the end saves time

it's mainly a professional courtesy, some companies have policies against just randomly logging in because of some unruly IT people who're just rude (they exist)

you would have to install programs, windows notifies regardless and the user has to approve. you could use powershell but i'm not a scripting guy so i couldn't tell you what it is you would need to do, i just know it's doable.

you shouldn't ever need their passwords since you stated you're the admin

3 hours ago, deansmylie1993 said:

this is incorrect it is not illegal (in the US at least) because there are a great many court rulings thanks to non-tech informed people in the court cases that ruled anything done on computers in a company is owned by the company and there is no explicit implication or expectation of privacy when using company computers or even your own computer inside company property.

against company policies, depends on your company but not illegal

Why are you the domain admin but you don't know how to use google?

My native language is C++