project 207

Hey, enthusiasts! 

I've decided to make a build for myself. And I guess I don`t need to tell that this is very thrilling process for me:)
 Project 207 is my first gaming PC, so I've decided to contact all of you, PROs, to guide me well, so I have the most of my build.

I'm going to post photos and all the stuff related to build, so that after anyone can re-use the materials.

Challenge here is to find underwater stones and avoid them. 
F.E: motherboard will not support 2 way SLI for GT1080 or CPU will not support 4 DDR4 channels on 3200 mhz

I've started looking into motherboards 2 months ago with 1151 socket. For that time I had a choice of ASUS ROG FORMULA VII. 
Now, as I will not use watercooling and there is a new release of ROG motherboards - I'm looking for ASUS ROG CODE IX. 
It supports 64 GB of Ram and they can work on all 3200 mhz! WOW! 

Aiming at  GT1080. I must say that 1080 for me is a really choise for having AWESOME gaming experiencing for at least 2 years. 
Then I will add one more into SLI, for 2 more years of that red eyes gaming. 

I'm also planning to do some 3d - and yes, I know that Radeon cards are the way to go for this one, still its for hobby only. 

For sure this project is not a single buy. I'm going to build it in parts. And thinking how better to do this. Should I buy the video card first? 

I guess the best way is to create budget for now. I'm aiming at 2-000 $

ASUS ROG CODE-9, Core-i7 (7th gen 1151)+cooler, 64 GB RAM, M2 for OS,1 SSD for storage, GTX-1080, POWER, CASE

Tell me if I am missing something
Thanks for your time!

Use pcpartpicker.com to create your build list.

I would advise against buying parts over the course of several months. Instead, each month or so set aside the funds to buy a part you would like. Once you've saved enough, then finalize your build list and acquire the parts.

Two principal reasons for this advice. First, with most parts, one cannot determine that they are in good working order without installing in a functioning system. As a result faulty parts require a warranty claim rather than a quick return to the merchant. Second, tech can change rapidly and pricing even more so. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

a little over your budget, but i has everything apart from the 64 gb ram, it has 32 Gb now, wich is also more than enough for video editing/streaming and ofcourse gaming.

here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ndKBxY

the PSU gives you room to add another GPU later for SLI.

IMO you can save a 100 bucks on a cheaper motherboard since your never going to use all the options this board has to offer.

maybe MSI z270 pro carbon AC?

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.