Is this a good router?

Vishvas Sudarshan

I want to buy a good router, and came across a good 'Lightning Deal' (As amazon calls it) on this - http://www.amazon.in/Netgear-AC-1200-Router-External-Antennas/dp/B00QGOQ2BA/

I wanted to know how good this thing is. The reviews seem satisfying, but I wanted advice from you guys too!

I transfer a lot of data between PC's, Currently I'm stuck with the ISP router at 100Mbps!

Thanks!

Edit: We have concrete walls!

Any router is going to have a hard time pushing signal through concrete walls, that's just a physical limitation of wireless signals. However that router is still going to be much much better than ISP provided one, and it's a good price for it too. It does look a bit ugly, but I don't think that's really a big issue for people when choosing a router... is it?

"Rawr XD"

2 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Any router is going to have a hard time pushing signal through concrete walls, that's just a physical limitation of wireless signals. However that router is still going to be much much better than ISP provided one, and it's a good price for it too. It does look a bit ugly, but I don't think that's really a big issue for people when choosing a router... is it?

Aesthetics is secondary, performance first!

I'm a newbie when it comes to Routers.

Do you have suggest any other good alternatives?

I have this as another option - http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00PVDTRL4/

What do you say?

4 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Aesthetics is secondary, performance first!

I'm a newbie when it comes to Routers.

Do you have suggest any other good alternatives?

I have this as another option - http://www.amazon.in/dp/B00PVDTRL4/

What do you say?

From the reviews it seems like the D-Link has rather poor wall penetration. It also lacks a USB port (if you care). I'd stick with the Netgear.

"Rawr XD"

3 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

From the reviews it seems like the D-Link has rather poor wall penetration. It also lacks a USB port (if you care). I'd stick with the Netgear.

Anything else to consider like MU-MIMO?

Assuming it isn't too expensive.

8 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Anything else to consider like MU-MIMO?

Assuming it isn't too expensive.

I wouldn't shell out too much extra to get it if you're not doing a lot of network-intensive activities on multiple devices at the same time. If it's just single PC-to-PC file transfer like you mentioned in the OP, you'll still be fine without it.

"Rawr XD"