Need help with graphics card options!

ShadesDoe

Hey everyone! So i am currently pricing out a new gaming computer. I don't really have a "set" budget but i dont want to spend a stupid amount of money. Im stuck at what graphics card to purchased, i have my eyes on the ASUS Geforce Strix GTX 1070 overclocked 8GB. I originally was looking at the non-OC one but its about a 50$ difference but all the clock speeds are a significant difference with the OC version. Does anyone have any idea on this card? If im paying around 450$ for the 1070 OC should i just spend more money for a 1080 or is there not much of a point!!!

1070 will usually run you 1000~ish USD for a complete build. could be cheaper, depends on what else you get.

Would you like somebody to make a complete build, or just pick out a good card?

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, ShadesDoe said:

Hey everyone! So i am currently pricing out a new gaming computer. I don't really have a "set" budget but i dont want to spend a stupid amount of money. Im stuck at what graphics card to purchased, i have my eyes on the ASUS Geforce Strix GTX 1070 overclocked 8GB. I originally was looking at the non-OC one but its about a 50$ difference but all the clock speeds are a significant difference with the OC version. Does anyone have any idea on this card? If im paying around 450$ for the 1070 OC should i just spend more money for a 1080 or is there not much of a point!!!

You location and what are you gaming at? As in resolution, 1080p? Normally GTX 1070 would be enough for 1080p gaming, some even said 1440p. But if you are gaming at 4K then GTX 1080 would be strongly recommend. Are you ok with AMD? Usually they are cheaper than GTX (some what).

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

Don't get the OC version, you can OC to that level yourself with afterburner.

9 minutes ago, ShadesDoe said:

I have all other parts.... Any ideas? around 1000$

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Send the link found in the "Permalink" box.

---Me Rig---

-CPU- 

Intel i7-6700K

-GPU- 

Gigabyte RX 5600XT OC 6GB

-STORAGE- 

1x Western Digital 1TB HDD

1x Samsung M.2 1TB SSD

1x Crucial 275GB MX300 SSD

-RAM- 

Team Group 2 x 8GB DDR4 2400mHZ

-PSU- 

Corsair CX-M Series CX650M 

-MOBO- 

Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 6

-CASE-

Phanteks P400S Satin Black TG Edition

-PERIPHERALS-

Logitech g502 RGB and Blackwidow Elite.

-PART PICKER URL-

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Jf9tbj

Have a Nice Day, Give us a Thumbs up if I helped you, Why Not?