What is the smallest Micro-ATX case?

Greetings.

I'm looking to rebuild my system into the smallest possible form factor without having to change out my components. That means I'll need to look for the smallest possible Micro-ATX case.

I need it to-

• Fit a Micro-ATX motherboard, which should go without saying.
  • Fit a 3.5" drive somewhere.
  • Fit an ATX power supply.
  • Fit a 273mm GPU. It's a full-height, dual slot card.

I will personally prefer cheaper cases, but I'm creating this thread as much curiosity as need for a recommendation. I'm currently looking at the InWin 301; a 25-litre tempered glass Micro-ATX case shown off at CES 2017, and while I like how it looks, I would prefer something smaller. I'm drawn to the BitFenix Phenom Micro-ATX because it supports an enormous 230mm fan at the bottom, which should make for quiet operation. However, seeing as I intend to use a low-profile CPU cooler, it's a lot wider than I need.

Restricted air flow can be dealt with, as my components don't run very hot. For reference, I'm running a Core i3 4160 (which I intend to upgrade to a Xeon E3 1231-v3) and an MSI GTX 960 2GDST OC.

I look forward to seeing your recommendations.

Regards,

Aereldor.

Maybe look into some HTPC cases, they sre usually small too and some support micro Atx motherboard. 

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Maybe look into some HTPC cases, they sre usually small too and some support micro Atx motherboard. 

Sure, but will they support an ATX power supply and a full-height GPU? Something tells me that's a stretch.

@deXxterlab97- this is the smallest I've found so far at 10.5 x 16 x 8.3 inches. Everything is really tight, but it is tiny. That being said, using the dimensions, it appears to yield a volume of 23 liters, which is about the same as the InWin 301...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WJOXW96/ref=twister_B016BCLDO2?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

27 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

support an ATX power supply and a full-height GPU?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008J0ZOV8/?tag=pcpapi-20 gotcha 

edit: changed to amazon link because rebate included, + free shipping

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Which power supply specifically? ATX isn't one size. 

Seasonic ECO 430, as OP's sig declares. 140mm length shouldn't be a problem for pretty much any mATX case that supports an ATX PSU.

"Rawr XD"

1 minute ago, Aniallation said:

Seasonic ECO 430, as OP's sig declares. 140mm length shouldn't be a problem for pretty much any mATX case that supports an ATX PSU.

nope shouldn't be, since case supports up to 180mm. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

26 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

@deXxterlab97- this is the smallest I've found so far at 10.5 x 16 x 8.3 inches. Everything is really tight, but it is tiny. That being said, using the dimensions, it appears to yield a volume of 23 liters, which is about the same as the InWin 301...

If it's already that tight, you really don't want volume to be any less if you want to be able to cram all those components in there.

"Rawr XD"

36 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

ask @LinusTech about this one he used it for edzels rig back in the day

6600K - ASUS Z270i Gaming ITX - 8GB Corsair  Vengence LPX DDR4 2400MHZ - EVGA 1070SC - 120GB HyperX Savage SSD - CX430 PSU:|

PSU tier list- 

I'd suggest the AvP Hyperion EV33 which is a cube style case, but not as small at 27L volume. It has a two compartment design, with ATX PSU + drive bays in one side (one each 2.5 + 3.5 + 5.25), and mobo in the other. Amazon UK listing suggests it takes 30cm GPUs. I think availability may be a problem though. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

40 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

If it's already that tight, you really don't want volume to be any less if you want to be able to cram all those components in there.

As of now, unless there's some kind of miracle 18L MicroATX case there, it's probably going to be an InWin 301.

Some Silverstone HTPC cases and the Silverstone Sugo Series, most notably the Sugo SG09, i was actually thinking about buying one for myself.

IMG_3650.jpg

afaik it fits M-ATX boards, fullsize GPUs, a couple of 3.5' drives, an ATX PSU up to 180mm and air coolers up to 165mm.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

• 5 months later...
On 1/20/2017 at 2:50 AM, Aereldor said:

Greetings.

I'm looking to rebuild my system into the smallest possible form factor without having to change out my components. That means I'll need to look for the smallest possible Micro-ATX case.

I need it to-

• Fit a Micro-ATX motherboard, which should go without saying.
  • Fit a 3.5" drive somewhere.
  • Fit an ATX power supply.
  • Fit a 273mm GPU. It's a full-height, dual slot card.

I will personally prefer cheaper cases, but I'm creating this thread as much curiosity as need for a recommendation. I'm currently looking at the InWin 301; a 25-litre tempered glass Micro-ATX case shown off at CES 2017, and while I like how it looks, I would prefer something smaller. I'm drawn to the BitFenix Phenom Micro-ATX because it supports an enormous 230mm fan at the bottom, which should make for quiet operation. However, seeing as I intend to use a low-profile CPU cooler, it's a lot wider than I need.

Restricted air flow can be dealt with, as my components don't run very hot. For reference, I'm running a Core i3 4160 (which I intend to upgrade to a Xeon E3 1231-v3) and an MSI GTX 960 2GDST OC.

I look forward to seeing your recommendations.

Regards,

Aereldor.

If you are willing to swap atx with sfx powersupply. The smallest matx case is inWin bk644 or bk623. At 12L volume a case cannot get smaller that can take full size gpu, that too two of them. Its the same dize as the ncase m1. NOTE one bad thing is the case comes with a psu which you can swap. But at 80$ with the psu it is still reasonable. 

2 hours ago, agsn said:

If you are willing to swap atx with sfx powersupply. The smallest matx case is inWin bk644 or bk623. At 12L volume a case cannot get smaller that can take full size gpu, that too two of them. Its the same dize as the ncase m1. NOTE one bad thing is the case comes with a psu which you can swap. But at 80$ with the psu it is still reasonable. 

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I don't want to replace any of my parts, so if it can't fit an ATX power supply, I can't use it.

• 1 month later...

Im also in the market for a small mATX case. I might have a different scenario as you (I use a small form factor video card and a NH-D9L cooler) but feel free to check the specs if it would fit yours. Here are my top picks so far, I have included the volume of the case to compare it easily. This list is ordered by volume. 

Rosewill Legacy U3B = 1226.671173 inches3
Silverstone PS08 = 1446.61545 inches3
Raijintek Styx = 1545.4873429 inches3
INWIN 301 = 1714.747671 inches3
Silverstone FT03 = 1962.726522 inches3 
CoolerMaster N200 = 2062.118016 inches3 

Im leaning towards PS08 but I dont like the PSU orientation. Though for the price, I think im just gonna drill holes on top and flip the PSU fan up there. I havent thoroughly reviewed everything for compatibility with my parts, but incase anyones curious. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fVgV9W

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...