3 Mechanical keyboard, All Problems

RS2007GOD

Hi so over the last 2 years i've gone through 3 keyboard all with the same or similar issues. They are Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire.

The problem has been they have all suffered from "chatter" in the keys where they have the problem of double tapping keys with one press or completely going "dead" for a few seconds making it impossible in certain situation in games like league of legends.

This has prompted me to think about going back to traditional keyboards simply for reliability...

Has any of you had this issue with there switches or am i just getting really unlucky?

It is a fault with the key caps themselves rather than software etc. Currently in process of an RMA on the Rapidfire. 

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

1 minute ago, RS2007GOD said:

Hi so over the last 2 years i've gone through 3 keyboard all with the same or similar issues. They are Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth and Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire.

The problem has been they have all suffered from "chatter" in the keys where they have the problem of double tapping keys with one press or completely going "dead" for a few seconds making it impossible in certain situation in games like league of legends.

This has prompted me to think about going back to traditional keyboards simply for reliability...

Has any of you had this issue with there switches or am i just getting really unlucky?

It is a fault with the key caps themselves rather than software etc. Currently in process of an RMA on the Rapidfire. 

League of Legends? AYY, high five me dude. And your were probably unlucky tbh

haven't had any issues with my ducky keyboard and I've been running it for a good two years now. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

For a company fond of green, they sure do create a lot of litter...

Edit: Have you given Romer-G a try? Also, have you tried deleting ALL HID devices from Device Manager to see if there's a conflict?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Keyboard in LAN center face this issue because of inconsiderate people who smash keys really hard , especially the space bar . Do you by any chance abuse your keyboard ? 

Well two of them are Razer, that's the problem.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

4 minutes ago, Jiaweeeee said:

Keyboard in LAN center face this issue because of inconsiderate people who smash keys really hard , especially the space bar . Do you by any chance abuse your keyboard ? 

I wouldnt say abuse but i gues i can be abit rough at time. Still nothing i would consider abuse

9 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

For a company fond of green, they sure do create a lot of litter...

Edit: Have you given Romer-G a try? Also, have you tried deleting ALL HID devices from Device Manager to see if there's a conflict?

I wont be buying razer again. and no i havnt. Im hoping the new k65 is better than the last. And no not exactly that but im uninstalled all usb devices and reinstalled winodows a few times in the last weeks and problem is this there. Its a fault with the keycap not software according to corsair which ive been emailing regarding the rma.

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

inWin 303 case

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

4 minutes ago, DarkEnergy said:

Well two of them are Razer, that's the problem.

What's wrong with razer ? :c The one I purchased back in 2014 is still working but I don't use it anymore of course . Their headset sucks though ...

2 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

wouldnt say abuse but i gues i can be abit rough at time. Still nothing i would consider abuse

Well still , one of my friend use to slam his keyboard pretty hard when using skills etc and he has to change keyboard every 3-6 month . 

1 minute ago, Jiaweeeee said:

Well still , one of my friend use to slam his keyboard pretty hard when using skills etc and he has to change keyboard every 3-6 month . 

right i really think they should last longer than that. its about the same for me around 6 months per board give or take.. where as my old microshit keyboard never misses a beat everytime i resort to it

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

inWin 303 case

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

5 minutes ago, RS2007GOD said:

right i really think they should last longer than that. its about the same for me around 6 months per board give or take.. where as my old microshit keyboard never misses a beat everytime i resort to it

New tech vs Old tech I guess , it seems like newer stuff are more delicate whereas old stuff like microsoft keyboard could survive a beating . 

If you have had three mechanical keyboards, all with key chatter, then there's something wrong. I've had three mechanical keyboards from Razer, one from Azio, one from Corsair, one from Steelseries, one from ASUS and none have ever developed key chatter over prolonged use.

Are you by chance eating at your keyboard or anything like that? Key chatter usually occurs when something gets stuck inside the switch, and while it can happen out of the blue due to a manufacturing error, they're pretty rare. Another thing to note is if it's multiple keys, it's either the circuit board has gone bad or a software error since usually one defective switch is a rare occurrence, so multiple ones on the same keyboard is a jackpot. You can read up more here if you want: https://www.gamingtribe.com/status/13194140054018/?v=349eca249c7371c2dd2b59c97dce2728