Sentry SFF Case breaks Indiegogo goal in 12 minutes

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Good to know. My main rig got an upgrade from the G1 Gaming 1070 to an Armor OC 1080, and I was debating slapping the 1070 into my Node 202 build for Dolphin 4K and just being able to run my machine at 4K60.

It has an adjustable plastic/foam foot that holds the GPU up, You can remove this, or move it to the side entirely to accommodate larger cards, but it's entire purpose is to hold your GPU up, close to the side panel, to get clean air. You don't want a ton of room in between the GPU and side panel, as your GPU will pull in more recycled hot air from within the case, rather than clean air from outside of the case. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

3 minutes ago, darksable said:

See, that I can totally agree with, Dackzy.

I imagine that a lot of people are going to pair this case with an i5 and a 1060.

However, with some (admittedly serious) attention paid to thermals, I think there will be plenty of people stuffing i5s and 1070-1080s in it. In particular, I think the 1070, once the awful FE cooler is scrapped and the far superior GTX 1080 cooler is strapped on, will perform wonderfully.

That is basically what I have said from the start, a mid range gaming PC, is the kinda PC I would see in this.

I would not put a 1080 in it, I would also not pair a i5 with a 1080

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

It has an adjustable plastic/foam foot that holds the GPU up, You can remove this, or move it to the side entirely to accommodate larger cards, but it's entire purpose is to hold your GPU up, close to the side panel, to get clean air. You don't want a ton of room in between the GPU and side panel, as your GPU will pull in more recycled hot air from within the case, rather than clean air from outside of the case. 

I'm aware of the GPU support. The Node 202 build is running, it just as an old HD7750 2GB.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, darksable said:

I suggest Killian's Red. It isn't offensive at all, but actually has flavor, unlike the bottled dog pee that passes for beer amongst hipsters. ;)

Also, if you do end up designing something to put watercooling in this case, I'd love to see the designs!

If it's any kind of bitter, I'll pass. There are actually a few breweries where I live, and I want to see if I can cash in the fact that I framed one a few years ago, as they gave every construction worker a growler of beer as thanks.

Also, the design would be basic framework to hold the radiators, and optional paneling to fit the aesthetic desires of the user.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Don't see why you couldn't just google it but w/e  

Thank you.  ?

That does look nice.  But is the internal configuration as good as this sentry case is supposed to be?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Thank you.  ?

That does look nice.  But is the internal configuration as good as this sentry case is supposed to be?

I'm honestly not sure. I haven't looked into (heh, pun partially intended) the layout of the Sentry since it's so far out of my budget of what I'd be willing to spend on ANY case.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

6 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

A legit awesome case, was tempted to break my no crowd funding rule. 

Just wait for it to drop on retail.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I would not put a 1080 in it

Well a 1080 dissipates 180W if you go by Nvidia's reference power target, that's really not that bad.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered a black (first run) case. I haven't decided much for sure but I'm confident I'll need to run a blower-style GPU or at least sub 150watt open-style. I'm thinking either a i5-7600 or a 4c/4t or 4c/8t Ryzen CPU. Obviously a lot can change between now and April/May timeframe. I'm thinking a Cryorig C7 is the cooler I'm going to opt for. A Samsung 860 Evo NVME m.2 Boot drive and 2x 2TB 2.5" in raid 0. Anyone have any thoughts on what CPU TDP a Sentry case could theoretically support? Can anyone think of a CPU cooler that can displace more heat than a C7 in the space alotted?