Gigabyte GTX 1080 Xtreme Gaming vs ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 AMP! vs EVGA 1080 FTW vs MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X

ChanceTheRapper

I'm looking for a gpu for my build (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yk2QLD) but it so hard for me to choose ;(

Im looking from a gpu to : 1 . run quiet while on stock + on overclock

2 . run on very low temperatures

Stop saying they all the perform the same please !!!

My vote goes to the GTX 1060 G1 Gaming. The runner up would be the Zotac 1080 AMP!.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

My vote goes to the GTX 1060 G1 Gaming. The runner up would be the Zotac 1080 AMP!.

there is no gtx 1080 g1 tho :))

as of now i picked the gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming because : 1. very low temps - stock ( around 63 ) - oc ( around 66-68)

2. very quiet

3. high perfomance , 1fps lower than zotac

1 minute ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

there is no gtx 1080 g1 tho :))

as of now i picked the gigabyte 1080 xtreme gaming because : 1. very low temps - stock ( around 63 ) - oc ( around 66-68)

2. very quiet

3. high perfomance , 1fps lower than zotac

Got confused xD. I meant the Xtreme Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

First up: I know these are 1070s but the coolers are all the same on their 1080 counterparts. I've tested the 1070 Gaming X, 1070 Strix and 1070 FTW (which is still in my rig) and I have to say that the Gaming X was the coolest with the best ability to OC (though that may have been a lucky draw in the silicon lottery), the Strix was a bit too loud for my taste and noise about the same on the FTW and Gaming X. If it weren't for the looks, I would probably be running a 1070 Gaming X right now.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, toasty6776 said:

First up: I know these are 1070s but the coolers are all the same on their 1080 counterparts. I've tested the 1070 Gaming X, 1070 Strix and 1070 FTW (which is still in my rig) and I have to say that the Gaming X was the coolest with the best ability to OC (though that may have been a lucky draw in the silicon lottery), the Strix was a bit too loud for my taste and noise about the same on the FTW and Gaming X. If it weren't for the looks, I would probably be running a 1070 Gaming X right now.

Paint it! xD

2 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

have you tested the xtreme gaming ?

4 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

have you tested the xtreme gaming ?

No, unfortunately not. From what I've heard on youtube I can tell you though, that it's probably a really good card :)

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

1 minute ago, toasty6776 said:

No, unfortunately not. From what I've heard on youtube I can tell you though, that it's probably a really good card :)

well we all know its prolly a good card xD

I would vote for the Zotac one, But seeing how far GPU's have gone and how they can OC so well even with reference coolers, you could make a choice based on aesthetics (though the EVGA one you gotta make sure is the one where they fixed their VRM cooling)

i AM A TASTY NUUUUUB!!!!! 

Take the one that has the best cooling solution. With good cooling comes greater OC potential. I own a gtx 1070 Strix with 3 fans and cooling on that beast is amazing. Take into account what fans are on the gpu (some can be laud, like my Strix card which screams with anything above 50% fan speed). OC abilities won't be that much different between mentioned cards, but cooling solutions will. You want to run your card in the range of 65-70C and that's really only possible with good quiet cooling solution. So that's my useless advice. 

1 minute ago, Ellyroo said:

I would vote for the Zotac one, But seeing how far GPU's have gone and how they can OC so well even with reference coolers, you could make a choice based on aesthetics (though the EVGA one you gotta make sure is the one where they fixed their VRM cooling)

yeah but i saw a review and the temperatures on Zotac are around 78C on full load while on gigabyte xtreme were at 66C full load + OC and the zotac was 1-2fps better than gigabyte

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Take the one that has the best cooling solution. With good cooling comes greater OC potential. I own a gtx 1070 Strix with 3 fans and cooling on that beast is amazing. Take into account what fans are on the gpu (some can be laud, like my Strix card which screams with anything above 50% fan speed). OC abilities won't be that much different between mentioned cards, but cooling solutions will. You want to run your card in the range of 65-70C and that's really only possible with good quiet cooling solution. So that's my useless advice. 

- this kinda proves that is not that good :))

FWIW, I have a 1070 Strix and it's really quiet, like basically silent under load.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

the gaming x gets my vote. i have a gtx 1070 version of the gaming x and it runs wonderful for me. 

4 minutes ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

- this kinda proves that is not that good :))

There's a lottery to some extend.. My gtx 1070 Strix (I know it produces less heat) runs at 60C when OCed to 2088mhz with fan speed at 48%. 

Just now, Light-Yagami said:

There's a lottery to some extend.. My gtx 1070 Strix (I know it produces less heat) runs at 60C when OCed to 2088mhz with fan speed at 48%. 

And do keep in mind that Xtreme Gaming is far more expensive. At least in my country.. Like 200eur more

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

1070 its not 1080 dude , huge difference !

1 minute ago, ChanceTheRapper said:

1070 its not 1080 dude

I have my point. Why are you such a rockhead.. I said I know that it produces less heat. But 1080 doesn't produce like 100% more heat? This video is an example of a bad Strix card that runs really hot.. But okay it's your money. And you're gonna be just fine any of those cards you buy xD