Case fans

FiveNine

Hi. Recycled topic, sorry. I have an nzxt s340 elite arriving shortly and i would like suggestions for intake case fans.

https://iponcomp.de/webshop/group/huto/389/?srcFtr_134[]=498

This is the website i can buy from. So far the nzxt fx v2 140mm are my primary choice because they seem good and are not overly expensive. I also saw that PH 140 MP/SP/XP are considered good but they are a bit pricey and some have leds. First i had in mind Noctua NF P14s 1500 redux but they also on the more expensive side (much better warranty though), they also don't fit the black/white color theme i'm going for but it's ok.

I would like black frame white finned fans but it's not 100% a necessity. I don't care for LED or RGB, i think it's too tacky.

Do i need to replace the stock exhaust fans that come with the case or is that a waste of money? 

Tnx

Be quiet Silent Wings 3 (Quiet, but doesn't perform the best), Noctua <everything, except industrial ppc> (Quiet, very good performance).

19 minutes ago, FiveNine said:

Hi. Recycled topic, sorry. I have an nzxt s340 elite arriving shortly and i would like suggestions for intake case fans.

https://iponcomp.de/webshop/group/huto/389/?srcFtr_134[]=498

This is the website i can buy from. So far the nzxt fx v2 140mm are my primary choice because they seem good and are not overly expensive. I also saw that PH 140 MP/SP/XP are considered good but they are a bit pricey and some have leds. First i had in mind Noctua NF P14s 1500 redux but they also on the more expensive side (much better warranty though), they also don't fit the black/white color theme i'm going for but it's ok.

I would like black frame white finned fans but it's not 100% a necessity. I don't care for LED or RGB, i think it's too tacky.

Do i need to replace the stock exhaust fans that come with the case or is that a waste of money? 

Tnx

Replacing stock fans is a waste of money most of the time unless you have like a cheap $30 case or something. 

As for fans... After trying a few various brands, I'm not a fan of Phanteks fans, Noctua's are good but expensive (best customer support though!) Corsair fans are good for cheap 2 pack solutions (loud, which is a con) - - current fav fans are the Fractal Design Venturi series when it comes to price/performance/noise. 

2 hours ago, FTL said:

Be quiet Silent Wings 3 (Quiet, but doesn't perform the best), Noctua <everything, except industrial ppc> (Quiet, very good performance).

The BQ are a bit more than i'd like to spend for fans, even more so if you say they don't perform the best. Noctua NF P14s i'm still considering but i'm worried about the backside because the wiring in the frame of the fan is showing (blue/yellow wires) and i don't know if there's a way to hide them without voiding warranty.

1 hour ago, Mooshi said:

Replacing stock fans is a waste of money most of the time unless you have like a cheap $30 case or something. 

As for fans... After trying a few various brands, I'm not a fan of Phanteks fans, Noctua's are good but expensive (best customer support though!) Corsair fans are good for cheap 2 pack solutions (loud, which is a con) - - current fav fans are the Fractal Design Venturi series when it comes to price/performance/noise. 

Thanks, i guess i'll keep the 2 stock fans as exhaust and just get 2 intake fans. The Corsair are actually more expensive than the Noctua's, the Venturi are a bit pricey and there's only a black version. 

Does anyone have any experience with the nzxt FX v2 140mm? How do they perform? I've found only 1 review but i'm not sure if i should trust it. Thanks

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

33 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thanks a bunch :D I'm actually not from Germany, i just know a seller that buys all of his merchandise from that particular website. Since retailers ramp up prices in my country it's not really a viable option. And i can't buy from any major places like Amazon, ebay etc..

I think i'll go with the pure wings, they will match the other case fans, i will save up some money and i guess the performance difference will be negligible. Thanks again.