Help me which gaming monitor is suited for me...

Min Htet Paing

Im really confusing which one to buy.I am using rx480 4gb.Should I go for 1080p or 1440p monitor?My budget is around 300-500$.As u guys know, so many brands..I dont know which one to pick..benq,acer,lg,dell,asus,bla bla bla..

6 minutes ago, Min Htet Paing said:

Im really confusing which one to buy.I am using rx480 4gb.Should I go for 1080p or 1440p monitor?My budget is around 300-500$.As u guys know, so many brands..I dont know which one to pick..benq,acer,lg,dell,asus,bla bla bla..

For FPS games  one with 144hz would be best option, for others 1440p. 

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236722

my recommendation, 1080p 144hz is a good sweet spot for the rx 480 (i have the 290x performs similarly to the 480). 1440p is gonna push the card a little too much tbh. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

If you already have an RX480 4GB, get a 1080p panel. You won't be playing AAA games at max settings at 1440p with decent frame rates with that GPU. I really like the looks of Dell monitors but I don't think they offer a 1080p monitor with 100+Hz refresh rates (which you want for the best gaming experience you can get with your GPU) and FreeSync (wich you also want) so go with the monitor you like as long as it has the following specs:

1080p

at least 75Hz refresh rate (I would recommend 144Hz, though)

FreeSync (this syncs your refresh rate to your FPS to prevent tearing)

lower than 5-7ms response time

if you can find one: IPS panel (not sure if they are any IPS panels at 1080p 144Hz Freesync) --> this will give you much better colour reproduction and viewing angles than TN (the other common option)

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

Save for a little longer and get the Asus MG279Q.  It has every feature you could possibly want in a good monitor and it's only $50 over your budget.  Bonus is that it's FreeSync and you have an AMD GPU.  Here are the highlights: 27" 1440p IPS, 144hz w/FreeSync and 4ms response time, little or no input lag and I believe it also has ULMB if you disable FreeSync (which eliminates motion blur from frame persistence).

edit: the reason you want this is that it future proofs you, FreeSync will help with any games where you have frame-rate issues and for competitive games you'll be able to run 120hz + ULMB.  Then when you get a newer GPU (or a new computer) you will already have a 1440p monitor.  Games aren't natively running even 1440p textures, so native 4k games is still *many* years off.

20 minutes ago, aithos said:

Save for a little longer and get the Asus MG279Q.  It has every feature you could possibly want in a good monitor and it's only $50 over your budget.  Bonus is that it's FreeSync and you have an AMD GPU.  Here are the highlights: 27" 1440p IPS, 144hz w/FreeSync and 4ms response time, little or no input lag and I believe it also has ULMB if you disable FreeSync (which eliminates motion blur from frame persistence).

edit: the reason you want this is that it future proofs you, FreeSync will help with any games where you have frame-rate issues and for competitive games you'll be able to run 120hz + ULMB.  Then when you get a newer GPU (or a new computer) you will already have a 1440p monitor.  Games aren't natively running even 1440p textures, so native 4k games is still *many* years off.

ULMB is only on G-Sync monitors AFAIK. I don't think ASUS's FreeSync monitors have any equivalent.

10 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

ULMB is only on G-Sync monitors AFAIK. I don't think ASUS's FreeSync monitors have any equivalent.

I could have sworn AMD had some equivalent with a different name, but I'd have to go look into it to be sure.