Asus claymore available in MX Browns anywhere?

MekaStrix

Hi,

So on the Asus website it says the claymore is available in MX reds, black, browns and blue's however the only switches I can find in the UK is the reds anyone know where sells the mx brown version or if it's even out yet? 

Just...why? 

It's sooooooooo overpriced :/ 

On a side note, I've only seen the red version on Scan, Ebuyer, OCuk ect. so...maybe they're not in the UK just yet?

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Just...why? 

It's sooooooooo overpriced :/ 

On a side note, I've only seen the red version on Scan, Ebuyer, OCuk ect. so...maybe they're not in the UK just yet?

It is Overpriced but I am choosing between a black widow x chroma and the claymore I use to have a K70 and did consider a new K70 lux but after my most recent issue with corsair RMA service I have decided to avoid corsair for the time being 

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

is that only the core? maybe the full version is only out in reds at the moment 

I don't see on Amazon US even for full one :(

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

is that only the core? maybe the full version is only out in reds at the moment 

Also their website:

Some people prefer to be minimalistic and only want the keybaord without the keypad, no problem, you can get ROG Claymore Core which comes without the keypad. If you do however change your mind, you can still purchase the keypad separately.

2 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

It is Overpriced but I am choosing between a black widow x chroma and the claymore I use to have a K70 and did consider a new K70 lux but after my most recent issue with corsair RMA service I have decided to avoid corsair for the time being 

Yeah, I understand how a bad experience would drive you away from a brand, even if it's known for a good experience :P  

Razer uses their Kalih switches which seems to be improving but still worse than cherry switches so I'm inclined to say not them either? I mean I'm tying this on my Razer BW 2013 with Cherry blues which has held up nicely over the years so if we ignore the switches, if you treat it "nicely" it won't break any sooner than another keyboard.

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

20% VAT if caught by customs...hmmm I guess it would only be like $10-20 more expensive than the red ones in the UK as shipping fees :P 

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I don't see on Amazon US even for full one :(

Seems to be an issue with asus they have been showing this keyboard of for two years now an it's still super hard to get hold of

1 minute ago, MekaStrix said:

Seems to be an issue with asus they have been showing this keyboard of for two years now an it's still super hard to get hold of

Well I mean they've only recently actually started to ship these keyboards to retailers so you know...

(I'm pretty sure the first time they popped up in the UK was like December so...) 

8 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

K70 > Blackwidow/Claymore

I'd still go for the K70, it might just be a one time RMA issue, I've had no problems with them whatsoever.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

2 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Well I mean they've only recently actually started to ship these keyboards to retailers so you know...

(I'm pretty sure the first time they popped up in the UK was like December so...) 

yeah I guess I did buy a red one but had to send it back as I can't stand red switches for typing they are just too mushy for me. Razer changed to Greetech quietly so their switches are better now 

4 minutes ago, MekaStrix said:

yeah I guess I did buy a red one but had to send it back as I can't stand red switches for typing they are just too mushy for me. Razer changed to Greetech quietly so their switches are better now 

I mean if Das Keyboard has used/uses greetech then it must mean something about it's quality :P