Top PS4 Exclusives Games

Tech Wizard

Hello,

Just got a PS4 and was wondering what your top PS4 exclusives games were. Reason why I am asking about PS exclusives, is because I have a strong PC that I prefer over console for the available games.

I already have Uncharted 4, and waiting for Chrash Bandicoot Remaster, but which other 2-3 games would you recommend specifically for PS4? Thanks in advance :)

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

Bloodborne is love. Dank Souls is life.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

9 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Bloodborne is love. Dank Souls is life.

Own Dark Souls on PC already, but thanks for recommending Bloodborne. Will check it out :)

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

God Of War

The Last Of Us

Little Big Planet 2/3

Gran Turismo 6/Sport

Uncharted

11 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

Own Dark Souls on PC already, but thanks for recommending Bloodborne. Will check it out :)

I haven't played it myself because I don't have a PS4 but damn, do I really want to.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

18 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

God of war 3 and last of us remastered!

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

God Of War

The Last Of Us

Little Big Planet 2/3

Gran Turismo 6/Sport

Uncharted

Thanks for the recommendations! I was already interested in Last of Us :D

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I would just go through Wiki's list and sort by "Excls" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games and see what looks good to you :3

That's exactly what I don't want to. Just wanted to hear what the PS4 community loves the most, as I'm new to Sony / PS.

7 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I haven't played it myself because I don't have a PS4 but damn, do I really want to.

Hehe :D

HWBOT

11 minutes ago, Tech Wizard said:

That's exactly what I don't want to. Just wanted to hear what the PS4 community loves the most, as I'm new to Sony / PS.

I don't like that approach more or less because then I feel like I'm the hook for recommending a "terrible game."

I've enjoyed games that people say were terrible, but I think people these days expect too much. And on the flip side, I didn't like games people say were amazeballs.

Bloodborne is a console seller. it's the reason why i got a ps4 in the first place. and in spite of the frame pacing issues, there is no other game like Bloodborne. 

Uncharted and The Last of Us are console sellers as well.

And there's a couple of upcoming titles that will probably be very good. one that is being hyped up is Horizon Zero Dawn. 

1 hour ago, Nineshadow said:

i don't think you'll regret it. 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

Buying a PS4 just for one game is a bit much honestly.

Red Dead Redemption 2, even though its not a PS4 exclusive but Console exclusive.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

well you can get the bundle that has uncharted 4. plus you could say the same thing with a pc build 

13 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

well you can get the bundle that has uncharted 4. plus you could say the same thing with a pc build 

Plus I'd need to get a TV in my room.

Horizon zero dawn looks good. Also gravity rush and I think persona 5 is an exclusive too(If that is your sort of game). If you have psplus and get free games some of the smaller games like journey are short but fun

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

The Last of Us is a must have, especially at $20. It's probably the best game to come out in the last 10 years that isn't on PC. I think The Last of Us is the greatest story ever told in gaming. I'd take its story over even that of Fallout 2, which to me is the gold standard for PC storylines. Plus the PS4 remaster comes with the Left Behind DLC that is also very good. And the game runs at 60 fps.

Get the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and play the three games in it and in order before Uncharted 4. Otherwise the storyline of Uncharted 4 won't make as much sense. Uncharted 4 is very much a game built heavily on the story from the first three games, unlike the vast majority of sequels out there. The Nathan Drake Collection is $20 everywhere, and also runs at a smooth 60 fps.

Bloodborne is incredible, especially seeing you're a Dark Souls fan. It's also $20 everywhere. It runs at 30 fps and isn't even a locked 30 fps, but it's such a fun game with a really immersive environment that it's not a big hurdle. It's certainly not a complete mess performance wise like say Red Dead Redemption on the XBox 360 (which drops into the 20s a lot).

So for the cost of one AAA game you'd be getting four truly great games (The Last of Us, Bloodborne, Uncharted 2 & 3) and one pretty good one (Uncharted 1).

2 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

But I think it actually is just for The Last of Us and Bloodborne. And then the Uncharted series is the cherry on top if you like 3rd person action games (they're basically the modern Tomb Raider games with better cutscenes and story).

38 minutes ago, Bigbootyjudy said:

Horizon zero dawn looks good. Also gravity rush and I think persona 5 is an exclusive too(If that is your sort of game). If you have psplus and get free games some of the smaller games like journey are short but fun

I wouldn't say PS Plus is a selling point considering the weak lineup of bundled games. Not like a few years ago when you were getting really strong AAA PS3 titles with your subscription. You might get a random indie you really wanted that costs $15, but I'd rather just buy that kind of game outright. For a PC gamer the only title I can think of that really justifies PS Plus is Bloodborne. So maybe just get it when you're playing that one single game. Otherwise the big MP games like Battlefield, Battlefront, Overwatch, etc are much better on PC.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:04 PM, Nineshadow said:

There are some people that have a well-managed budget that are able to buy things they want. 

Buying a Mercedes Benz just to drive to work and get groceries is a bit much, no?  Nah. People buy what they like. Who are we to judge?  

But whatever you do, Do not lose the chance to play Sony's Playstation 4 biggest and best exclusive title of all time, the reason consoles destroyed PCs:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

But whatever you do, Do not lose the chance to play Sony's Playstation 4 biggest and best exclusive title of all time, the reason consoles destroyed PCs:

Fuck, I just saw that for the first time an hour ago. xD

Ah, I wish I had the spare money to buy a console to play some of those stunning exclusive PS4 games.

Until Dawn - watched the whole gameplay on youtube, liked the game, had some scary scares as well! :D

UFC2 - console exclusive game. If you have someone that you can play with it or friends occasionally come over, a fun way to spend the spare time.

On 1/19/2017 at 11:26 AM, Tech Wizard said:

I had just started Bloodborne when I made that post about The Last of Us being the best game in the last 10 years not to come out on PC. With a few more days in I think Bloodborne is even better than TLOU. I love the health regen system that encourages really aggressive play in Bloodborne. Basically when you get hit you have a short window to strike back to recover some of your health. I think I'm more into this game than I was even The Witcher 3 on PC.

I had fun with Ratchet and Clank. If you don't mind cartoonish graphics, it's a fun game. Same with Knack. It may not be up your alley, but they're good casual games. If you're into sports, check out MLB The Show. Badass franchise. My fav exclusive is Infamous: Second Son. Definitely get that.

I tried to mention some that weren't already mentioned like Uncharted, TLoU and GoW.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

On 1/19/2017 at 9:15 AM, Tech Wizard said:

Hello,

Just got a PS4 and was wondering what your top PS4 exclusives games were. Reason why I am asking about PS exclusives, is because I have a strong PC that I prefer over console for the available games.

I already have Uncharted 4, and waiting for Chrash Bandicoot Remaster, but which other 2-3 games would you recommend specifically for PS4? Thanks in advance :)

Literally any game made by Naughty Dog, Insomniac, or Quantic Dream. All of their series of games have amazing stories with rich cinematics that keep me interested far more than a lot of PC Games have over the past few years.

DUST: An Elysian Tale and Broken Age were also two smaller titles made by indie-developers that really hit it off for me. I'm not big on search and find exploration games unless they have a good story behind them, which is exactly what Broken Age turned out to be, and DUST: AET's art style, music, and gameplay made me feel like I was playing a modernized side scrolling street fighter title with a lot of hack n' slash built in.

Child of Light is also a lot of fun, since you don't have to install UPlay on the PS4, and is similar to other story driven exploration games with turn-based combat scenes.

*those last game titles are not exclusive to PS4, but I feel they're a lot more fun to play sitting on your couch relaxing vs. playing in a computer chair on PC.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)