Unread Notifications Disappeared

comicsansms

Recently I haven't been checking the forum notifications and just let them bank up for about a week. 

I have been browsing the forum today, I had just shy of 250 notifications, I went on the forum just a moment ago and there was now no unread notification, the 250 or so notifications where marked as read

I didn't press the notification bell and I didn't go to the https://linustechtips.com/main/notifications/ page.

Notifications are flaky like that.  That's why I used a combination of emails for important things and a customized form of the Unread Content activity stream to keep track of things.  I'd suggest the latter for most situations, it's more reliable than "the bell", as you've found.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Once you click the notification button and they load up, they'll be marked as read. Happened to me as well, found it strange at first but than got used to it.

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Notifications are flaky like that.  That's why I used a combination of emails for important things and a customized form of the Unread Content activity stream to keep track of things.  I'd suggest the latter for most situations, it's more reliable.

I don't have anything important on here and I can find a thread if I want to read it. I don't think it is worth while for me to make a form or sending me emails when something happens.

I knew where I was up to, so I was able to catch up on everything I missed out on.