Help! bought Z270 Msi carbon + i7 7700k and i got issues in games

Pus

>Reinstalled win10

>Memory in XMP even with optimized ram for this motherboard > Unstable

>Solved by changing Timings

>Raid still broken.

3 minutes ago, Pus said:

Z270 Msi carbon / I7 7700K / 16GB Corsair 3200 CL16 and GTX 970 + 1 ssd and 3 hdd's.

Evga Supernova 750 G2 aswell

Im running on the same SSD as i ran with i7 3770k in windows 10

Downloaded all latest drivers (first thing i did) and some utilities, reinstalled geforce drivers.

So i have issues, when i run non fullscreen benchmarks like cinebench and Msi kombustor, my FPS is what it was in its previous build (3770k) and no issues at all there, GPU Runs 99% load, but now as i load up Games that goes in fullscreen i get 20-40 fps and super croppy game, my gpu usage stays all from 5 to 15%, so something is clearly wrong, i've reinstalled the games multiple times for drivers and such. i cant figure out whats wrong, in 3dmark as it goes fullscreen i get the same results. but if i do a non fullscreen benchmark my gpu goes 100% load, i am using HDMI over on a TV, i disabled the XBOX Game DVR and it did nothing at all.

Cant figure out the problem.

Second, i got the Intel rapid storage drivers from the msi z270 carbon website and when i startup windows 10 in raid mode,, it loads up in the beginning but as windows 10 starts to load, it crashes and says it occured a problem and will restart and so far i've had to go back to ACHI mode.

So i cant play games, Nor can i run Raid.

My temps are 65-70C, i OC'd to 4.8 and stayed stable there with 75-78 temps and good voltages, (ever since i noticed the game bug i've ran it at stock settings.

When you say you've used the SSD that you had before, do you mean you didn't re-install windows and the mobo drivers etc?

If so, then that could well be the problem.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, paddy-stone said:

When you say you've used the SSD that you had before, do you mean you didn't re-install windows and the mobo drivers etc?

If so, then that could well be the problem.

i uninstalled the other drivers already, and i reinstalled geforce drivers and all the drivers for the z270

i was thinking of doing a win10 reinstall but i dont have the key cause i did a win7 upgrade, and i dont have a microsoft account either.

5 minutes ago, Pus said:

i uninstalled the other drivers already, and i reinstalled geforce drivers and all the drivers for the z270

i was thinking of doing a win10 reinstall but i dont have the key cause i did a win7 upgrade, and i dont have a microsoft account either.

How did you get Win10 without a Microsoft account?

A fresh install is likely what's needed.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, Pus said:

You don't need the windows key if you do a refresh instead of a re-install. I wouldn't be comfortable using a PC that's had a "dirty" install... in other words a drive that's taken from another system. Could be the cause of your issues, and I;'m inclined to think that is the problem rather than looking elsewhere for now.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 minutes ago, Pus said:

Microsoft will normally activate your account but in your case not.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2970075/windows/why-you-cant-find-your-product-key-after-upgrading-to-windows-10.html

One sticking point with digital entitlements is that because it’s dependent on your hardware configuration, making a significant change can wipe out the entitlement. If you swap out your motherboard, for example, your digital entitlement will likely disappear and Windows 10 won’t activate. If that happens, you’ll have to make a call to Microsoft’s customer support line to re-activate your copy of Windows. 

Keep in mind we’re talking significant hardware changes here. If you swap out your hard drive for an SSD or add more RAM, you shouldn’t see any problems.

Just now, dizmo said:

How did you get Win10 without a Microsoft account?

A fresh install is likely what's needed.

kept spamming me with UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 Free ads all the time

this happened for everyone who had a win7 / win8, if you google it there is houndreds of complaints from customers who got spammed by that.

So yeah i just picked it and it would let me download the ISO file which i already deleted or dont know where it is, if its on a CD then i dont have  CD Player for it.

Hi there,

I did re-installation of windows 10 after upgrade from windows 7 and it did activation by itself. Seems that they link somehow windows activation with your windows live account. As per my understanding they have some kind of binding to hardware ID also.

To be on safe side, you may want to extract your windows 10 key using tools like this one http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-view-your-product-key-in-windows-10-3632749/ and try to install fresh windows 10 copy on new partition for example (just to have roll-back possibility if you won't manage to activate it).

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, Mark17 said:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2970075/windows/why-you-cant-find-your-product-key-after-upgrading-to-windows-10.html

One sticking point with digital entitlements is that because it’s dependent on your hardware configuration, making a significant change can wipe out the entitlement. If you swap out your motherboard, for example, your digital entitlement will likely disappear and Windows 10 won’t activate. If that happens, you’ll have to make a call to Microsoft’s customer support line to re-activate your copy of Windows. 

Keep in mind we’re talking significant hardware changes here. If you swap out your hard drive for an SSD or add more RAM, you shouldn’t see any problems.

yeah and i have called them before when i swapped mobos.

1 minute ago, kaputt said:

Hi there,

I did re-installation of windows 10 after upgrade from windows 7 and it did activation by itself. Seems that they link somehow windows activation with your windows live account. As per my understanding they have some kind of binding to hardware ID also.

To be on safe side, you may want to extract your windows 10 key using tools like this one http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-view-your-product-key-in-windows-10-3632749/ and try to install fresh windows 10 copy on new partition for example (just to have roll-back possibility if you won't manage to activate it).

Hope this helps.

This won't work because he changed his mob WIndows 10 works different then 8 and 7 windows 10 entitles it to a pc as soon as too much is changed it says it's another pc so you need to buy a new key or if you have a retail key you can contact Microsoft and they activate it for you.

Will the key from my windows 7 CD which i used to upgrade to win10 work?

2 minutes ago, Pus said:

yeah and i have called them before when i swapped mobos.

Then you should be good by just reinstalling windows it will activate automatically just skip when they ask for your key during installation key extractors won't work anymore and they all give the same key on every device with windows10.

Just now, Pus said:

You probably won't need it but it will probably work and otherwise just call Microsoft again.

4 minutes ago, Mark17 said:

3 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Hi there,

Hope this helps.

Digital Entitlement syncs across machines. I have a Windows 10 Pro that I updated from 7 Ultimate. I had a standard key and after a reinstall it was bonded to my MS account. Now for all the devices I log into it just works. My laptop activated first fucking time, surprisingly. 

idk

1 minute ago, Pus said:

Afaik yes

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Just now, Mark17 said:

Then you should be good by just reinstalling windows it will activate automatically just skip when they ask for your key during installation key extractors won't work anymore and they all give the same key on every device with windows10.

that was with windows 7

i haven't reinstalled win10 before and i still got the old hardware in case i need to run that just to get my WIN10 code.

but should the windows 7 key that i used when upgrading to win 10 work?

Just now, Pus said:

that was with windows 7

i haven't reinstalled win10 before and i still got the old hardware in case i need to run that just to get my WIN10 code.

You can skip the key activation, there's a button to do so. Just activate Win10 after the installer has done with your 7 key. 

idk

1 minute ago, Pus said:

that was with windows 7

if windows 10 is now activated on your new hardware then it will be activated when you reinstall don't worry.

if windows activated it for you before they will do that again now.

1 minute ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Afaik yes

Yup worked, the thing was there was no message to me about win10 not being genuine so i didn't know yet. 

now lets see if this changes anything, if u run non genuine win10 they will messup your in game performance by capping fps? thats bit odd

3 minutes ago, Pus said:

Yup worked, the thing was there was no message to me about win10 not being genuine so i didn't know yet. 

now lets see if this changes anything, if u run non genuine win10 they will messup your in game performance by capping fps? thats bit odd

Win should work as always... as long as you download the win 10 iso from microsoft itself.  There should be no fps caps or whatever else with a clean win 10 install, did it myself some time ago and nothing was negatively impacted

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Okay guys, win10 now genuine already, restarted computer but my games are still messed up.

Like i said, cinebench and msi kombustor benchmark pushes my gpu to 99% usage and it runs the Results that i had on my 970 and cinebench says its 99% to other 970 gpu's in performance (so shows my 970 is fully working)

But when i loadup a game. even reinstalled it and others, it will run 30-40 fps and laggy /choppy, gpu usage 10-15% not being used.

its like the IGPU took over when fullscreen came on.

so nothing has really changed from my OP,

So do you all have no idea what it could be and i should just do a win10 reinstall?

1 minute ago, Pus said:

Okay guys, win10 now genuine already, restarter computer but my games are still messed up.

Like i said, cinebench and msi kombustor benchmark pushes my gpu to 99% usage and it runs the Results that i had on my 970 and cinebench says its 99% to other 970 gpu's in performance (so shows my 970 is fully working)

But when i loadup a game. even reinstalled it and others, it will run 30-40 fps and laggy /choppy, gpu usage 10-15% not being used.

its like the IGPU took over when fullscreen came on.

so nothing has really changed from my OP,

is the gpu plugged into the IGP? this is weird

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

is the gpu plugged into the IGP? this is weird

in the PCIE 1 slot, X16 mode. and whats IGP again cause i saw it in the msi command center but there was nothing really much about it, its the IGPU? and when i was in the bios there was nothing on IGPU Disabling, there was 2 options and when i checked one out, then i got the issue where if i vent to bios my screen would be black when using the ports from gpu and motherboard, so i had to clear cmos.

i do have updated bios aswell. and there's already concerns about this Motherboard auto voltages being too high and can kill cpu's if you let it run auto as it easily overvolts to 1.35 and 1.4 if you put it at 4.8 ghz BLCK in the bios. even the youtuber here spoke to the MSI guy for them to update. 

1 minute ago, Pus said:

in the PCIE 1 slot, X16 mode. and whats IGP again cause i saw it in the msi command center but there was nothing really much about it, its the IGPU? and when i was in the bios there was nothing on IGPU Disabling, there was 2 options and when i checked one out, then i got the issue where if i vent to bios my screen would be black when using the ports from gpu and motherboard, so i had to clear cmos.

i do have updated bios aswell. and there's already concerns about this Motherboard auto voltages being too high and can kill cpu's if you let it run auto as it easily overvolts to 1.35 and 1.4 if you put it at 4.8 ghz BLCK in the bios. even the youtuber here spoke to the MSI guy for them to update. 

Yes, their 7700k auto OC left a CPU at 1.5V. 1.5 fucking volts.

I'd say contact MSI support, take off your OC and try again. 

idk

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Yes, their 7700k auto OC left a CPU at 1.5V. 1.5 fucking volts.

I'd say contact MSI support, take off your OC and try again. 

yeye i had it 4.8 ghz at 1.220 stable!!!!  1050 in cinebench r15 and ran it in msi kombustor cpu stresser and the prime 95 for an hour or so, never had any crashes. but right now after the issues with games im running stock speeds just to make sure.

So basically the next thing would be to reinstall win10, i can get the ISO for free at microsoft or do i have to login?

The youtuber guy said he spoke to some MSI guy about the auto voltages so, hopefully they do that, not a problem for me, im an experienced overclocker but just Putting this thing to 4.8 in the bios will put the voltage thro the roof and you're gonna be hitting 95C even with good cooling.